Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Clueless and gassy
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got tired of being a fly on the wall and watching everyone having fun, so I finally got one. 69K miles, primarily stock except for a Bassani cat back exhaust and a BedRug. Meticulously maintained by a fanatically nuturing owner, so I think immediate driving enjoyment is in order.

Thanks especially to Dusten and Ty and everyone else that has helped me out for all of your patience and assistance!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Motor vehicle

·
Racer of the Jackstand Racing Team
2,408 Posts
Good deal

·
Clueless and gassy
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is with great humility and an empty wallet that I accept this truck. The great weather forecast and low gas prices pushed me over the edge; which is what I am sure my wife wants to do me.....if she asks me to do go mountain climbing any time soon that's a "No way, Jose". I am also going to be skeptical of any cutlery and cast iron frying pan purchases. Figured if I am going to get in trouble, it may as well be worth it. :)

Previous owner is an amazing guy...loves his vehicles.....his Gen 1 is amazing! He even gave me his 1:21 Burago diecast (in silver of course!) to go with it. Could not have been a more enjoyable transaction.

Hope to meet some of you in the future! Thanks for all the "attaboys"!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey there! Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your purchase!

If you ever need anything, such as the forum discount code, feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll be happy to help you!

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to browse our website for all of your Lightning parts, and needs!
https://lmr.com/Ford-Lightning

·
I like your avatar!
667 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver, WA! Nice truck, welcome to the family!

·
Clueless and gassy
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picking her up from Pierce County on Sunday....hope to have as big a smile on my face as my wedding day and when I visited Wrigley Field....should be 70 degrees and sunny.

Bet all of you remember your first drive after ownership! I know I will!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Truck looks great, congrats good sir

·
Clueless and gassy
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Finally drove her home late this afternoon. Too trafficky to really let her fly but it was probably better to cool it on her maiden voyage. Not that I needed any affirmation but a guy in an SUV that passed by slowed down to take a look and the passenger was frantically pointing out the truck to the driver.....pretty cool....I guess some guys know the L :)

By the way, any one know how to reduce the cabin engine noise? Kidding...hey Craig, if you wanted a quiet cabin you should have bought a freaking Nissan Leaf! :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Congrats Craig and welcome to the dark side, you will see what I mean as time goes on, haha.
Seriously, I'm so pleased it went to you and not to one of those youngsters that was ringing my phone about every other day wanting to know how much boost it made.
Lightning owners are quite the fraternity, some of the best guys and gals around and always will to help out with a question or problem.
Take good care of her and hope to see all of you soon.
Steve:bigtu

·
Clueless and gassy
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great to hear from you Steve, and thanks for all your kind words and bestowing upon me your wonderful truck! Do not care what boost it creates, (at least right now! :)) just want to enjoy her.

With great power comes great responsibility! I believe I am up to the task!

The kids are giddy as hell to take a ride, the wife, not yet but she's coming around.....I think!

Hope to get some time this weekend for some motoring....but can't decide between the minivan and the L.....thoughts? ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts