Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boostaholic
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I have had this idea in my head for a little while now but just cant decide whether it would look good or not. I am contemplating selling my VIS carbon fiber Cobra R hood and going with a cowl hood. Instead of paying to have the hood painted I was thinking about having it wrapped in vinyl in a flat/matte black color. Part of me thinks it would look really sweet matte/flat black like an old muscle car (plus it would be maintenance free if I did a vinyl wrap) but I def dont want it to look unfinished or like a work in progress. Here is a pic of the current hood for comparison and a pic if someone wants to try and photoshop a flat black hood in its place (damn thats an old pic)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
something that wouldnt look to bad, would be to paint the CF hood, just on the sides of the body lines in the hood. So the center would still be CF, but sides gloss black? just an idea, that way you could keep what you have.

kinda like this

·
SLW-SVT
2,959 Posts
something that wouldnt look to bad, would be to paint the CF hood, just on the sides of the body lines in the hood. So the center would still be CF, but sides gloss black? just an idea, that way you could keep what you have.

kinda like this

Good Idea!

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,536 Posts

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
i think you could reverse it and it would look good too..... i think that idea is a winner either way you slice it on your black truck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Soccman
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing