Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to finish my Roush installation and have run into a problem with the right rear leaf. I have the left installed ok. I can't get the right rear leaf to align properly. With the spring in place - the pin located in the axle - the front end of the spring won't align with the frame mount hole. When I first removed the old spring and put the new one in place it was off about 1/2 the hole. I have the axle on jack stands and a floor jack under the hitch. I tried lowering the floor jack some - that didn't help . Then i raised it - that didn't help. Then I lowered it - still no help. Each time I raise or lower it gets off further. I need some ideas - what should I do to get it aligned?

See the picture. Thanks.

Bob

·
Registered
734 Posts
I would agree with Bryan, put a come along or wedge a bar on the axle and push or pull it forward.

Let us know.

Peace,

Suavy

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bryan,

Sent you an email - help would be great.
I also got an idea from a response on F150 Suspension forum.
Bob

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
bobver said:
Bryan,

Sent you an email - help would be great.
I also got an idea from a response on F150 Suspension forum.
Bob
I'll be up tomorrow, are you near LB Smith in Lionville (Volvo dealer for construction equipment)? I'll give a call when I'm near.
Bryan

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not sure but if the front is not going in disconect the rear shackle. Then connect the front of the spring to the spring hanger.
Now move to the rear, there should be enough swing in the shackle to move it into position with the holes. I had the truck frame on jack stands and used the floor jack to move the rear a bit when needed.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OH-MAN

The ride is very stable and a bit firmer than stock. I like it!

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts