Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I currently have (disregard old sig pic)...Hotchkis springs up front, hangars, jlp 4" shackles, 1 leaf removed, strange shocks out back.
As you can see the rear is sitting quite a bit lower than front. It also handled a little spookily around exit ramps.
I'm debating just going down one hole on the shackles to even it out or dropping the front a little more? The front seems very high to me considering it already has the Hotchkis? Don't want to do spindles but considering switching springs or cutting the extra stock springs I have on hand.
Thx for any advice you can offer.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Reinstalling the removed leaf? If you research enough, some guys have reported that our trucks sometimes don't behave the same with that extra leaf removed, so that might help with your handling issues.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Every truck is different. I have one leaf removed on my 2002 and I think it still handles great for a full size truck. Do u have any isolators in the front springs? If so remove them. U will be surprised how much lift the isos give u.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys...those are all good ideas. Do the bell tech springs give more of a drop than the Hotchkis?
Ty.T- your front end is way lower than mine. Granted you have no isos but still a big difference. Truck looks great btw.

·
The Asshole from Mass
297 Posts
Go down 1 hole on the shackles or remove the front iso's

mine used to look like that and i chose to move the shackle, much easier.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thanx red light. The bell tech springs claim 2" drop. I first installed them with isolators and mine looked pretty similar to urs. I pulled the isos and that's where it is now. It's perfect for me. I'm not sure how much drop the hotchkis setup is supposed to give. I'm telling u, those isolators give more height than u think. Gotta remember, in terms of suspension lowering, 1/4 of an inch makes a noticeable visual difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts