Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Back In A Big Boy Truck
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a single cab Ranger as my DD. A friend of mine gave me a 6.5" bazooka tube that fits perfect behind the drivers seat, but it has a blown sub. I bought a new sub for it and a amp kit for a amp i had laying around but the physical size of the amp is to big to fit under the passenger seat. Do any of yall know of a SMALL size amp that will push a 6.5" bazooka tube nicely?

Wayne

·
Back In A Big Boy Truck
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Back In A Big Boy Truck
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What does the fuse size mean? I really wont be upgrading or have room to upgrade anything bigger later on. Do i really need that Audiopipe amp or do you think the first one i posted would we sufficient enough for the 6.5"?

Wayne

·
Registered
615 Posts
you can usually coralate the fuse to the amp power output. so example 10amp fuse would be 100w amp, 20amp fuse would be 200w an so on

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
2,468 Posts
I LOVE my Alpine PDX series. I have 2 of them stacked (pdx4150 & pdx2150) behind the pass seat in my L and they are freakin tiny but push nice clean power...Not cheap though.

·
My DD is a Crown Vic
355 Posts
When you get it figured out let us know, I was considering putting a powered 8 or 10 inch bazooka behind the seat of my L, wondering how they sound.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Back In A Big Boy Truck
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I ordered the one I posted off ebay. For the money if its half of what it claims i think it will be fine. And for the price its hard to pass up. I love getting deals, amp, bazooka and amp kit all for under 100 bucks!

Wayne

·
Back In A Big Boy Truck
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It came in today, fits perfect, sounds pretty good for its price and the fuse size is 7.5. So does that mean its a 75 watt peak? Also i bridged it should i hook it up to only one side? I cant find anywhere that says it can be bridged.
Wayne

·
Finder of unobtanium
20 Posts
if your pushings subs, any subs in my opinion you should probably go with a monoblock amp
i have a nasty little 611a infinity that does extremley well.
however about bridging, you might want to look up the specs on the amp online.

·
Premium Member
24,783 Posts
It came in today, fits perfect, sounds pretty good for its price and the fuse size is 7.5. So does that mean its a 75 watt peak? Also i bridged it should i hook it up to only one side? I cant find anywhere that says it can be bridged.
Wayne
No, 75 watts rms. Peak is a number that I don't pay any attention to. It may not bridge, I have a lil amp very similar to that one. 7.5a fuse and all, it was not made to bridge. Is it any louder when you bridge it? Or the same as just one side?
Pm me any time you want a faster response.:cheers

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
615 Posts
No, 75 watts rms. Peak is a number that I don't pay any attention to. It may not bridge, I have a lil amp very similar to that one. 7.5a fuse and all, it was not made to bridge. Is it any louder when you bridge it? Or the same as just one side?
Pm me any time you want a faster response.:cheers
WHAT..... so your telling me my sony 1200w amp with a 20amp fuse is not 1200w? noooooo
:laughing25

·
Premium Member
24,783 Posts
My favorite is the no name amps with 4000watts real big on the front of the box, then in the specs it only says like 1200 watts. Even though it has a 40a fuse.

One more thing, everyone forgets the old punch 45s, 45 watts that would bang a pair of 12s. Maybe it did 300 watts for real. Now the entry level guy thinks he needs 1000 watts just to start. 150 watts each on a pair of 12s is still loud.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
yep. or how about the autotek 44 or the old orion hcca amps? 0.5 ohm stable, **** yeah

·
Back In A Big Boy Truck
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To be completely honest i never hooked it up to one side, i just bridged it from the get go.

Wayne

1 - 19 of 19 Posts