Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Snail Powered
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i'm trying to get everything ready for the truck shootout in december and i'm in a little predicament. I have 16" AR rims which i know are not ideal for my setup buts it all i've got and i can't afford bogarts at the moment. I have hoosier slicks on them but they are quite worn and i'm not sure how well they will do. I plan to be pushing 800 rwhp for the shoot out. Should i buy another set of hoosiers or switch the m&h 30" cheater slicks? I don't know of any other suitable option out there for a 16" rim. Again, i know this setup isn't ideal but i can only do what my budget allows.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,536 Posts
I'd go for the 30" cheater slicks as they seem to be doing well on both supercharged and turbo'd trucks.

·
Snail Powered
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i'm thinking the 30" is definitely necessary. I thought Mickey thompson also made a 30" tire for a 16" rim but i can't seem to find it.

·
Snail Powered
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i know about those, my friend is a m/t dealer so i was going to try to get a m/t but i can't seem to find one.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
For what your power level should be at, you'd be better off running a 30" slick for sure.

Thats my current dilemma, I have 28" Hoosiers on 16" AR baja rims.
I dont know anything about this so Im just asking what is wrong with the above Hoosiers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
MM Shaggy
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing