Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 02 that will crank no problem very strong but will not start. But if i leave the key in the on position for about 5-10 min when i try to crank it immediately starts. Once its on it runs 100% fine as long as i don't shut it off. If i turn the key off i have to wait again. If i remove fuel pump relay while its running it will stall, when i put it back in it will immediately start. The theft light is not flashing and the odometer is displaying mileage. I've tried wiggling the crank sensor wires both while running and while cranking with no difference. Anyone have any other ideas on what to check? Seems like its only when the ignition is turned to off that it doesn't want to restart. I've also tried swapping various relays with no results.

·
local painter
2,887 Posts
Any codes?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Years ago had the factory alarm system fail, same type issues. Dealer had to order relay or somerhing. Not solely a Lightning issue.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Got an 02 that will crank no problem very strong but will not start. But if i leave the key in the on position for about 5-10 min when i try to crank it immediately starts. Once its on it runs 100% fine as long as i don't shut it off. If i turn the key off i have to wait again. If i remove fuel pump relay while its running it will stall, when i put it back in it will immediately start. The theft light is not flashing and the odometer is displaying mileage. I've tried wiggling the crank sensor wires both while running and while cranking with no difference. Anyone have any other ideas on what to check? Seems like its only when the ignition is turned to off that it doesn't want to restart. I've also tried swapping various relays with no results.
When through this exact same thing last year. Replaced fuel pumps, crank sensor and a few other things. Finally gave up and had it towed to a shop and it turned out to be the PCM. Replaced it and loaded the stock and custom tunes on it and all was good. I've since sold the truck but it 's still running strong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts