Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
professional grade
17,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If im at a red light and turn left or right I feel a slipping or vibration coming from the truck. Do you guys think it’s the trans slipping or the rear end going out?
When I went to the track last right after the build I was told that most of the passes only had one tire spinning in the water box.

What do you guys think?

Should I replace the trans or replace the rear end with a locker?

·
Premium Member
5,724 Posts
What you gonna go with?

·
professional grade
17,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What you gonna go with?
a locker that chris sent me a link to.
so far im up to a need of $1,619 buck in parts before tax and labor for the rear end and trans. :(

not including the stall and ftvb that i already bought.

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
You can always just replace the clutches but you need a ton of special tools to do it.

It would be way cheaper to replace the stock clutches a couple of times over a TT or a locker.

·
Built not bought!... bagggzzzz
1,001 Posts
the detroit is a good rear. lol yea and i got some bad luck with rears reccently. haha i heard some weird noises in mine, but me being my dumbass self, i was like ehh watever. sure enough so locked up and blew apart. the tiny 8mm bolt that hold the pin in the center section with the spiders on it broke and shifted the center pin out and locked up on my pinion and then blew the spiders out of the center section and just made a big mess in there. haha i guess thats what i get for beating the crap out of it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts