Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEy guys just confirmed it the other day, on a trip to Sonics. I took out my garage qween on a 120 mile roundtrip. Took her out of the garage no stains on the floor.

As im driving the truck with the A/C on i smell burning oil in the cab, the garage floor is clean, when i got back tranny starts slipping check for fluids and the dipstick is dry.

My question is, where the hell is all the fluid going?

·
A1 TRANSMISSION
4,827 Posts
HEy guys just confirmed it the other day, on a trip to Sonics. I took out my garage qween on a 120 mile roundtrip. Took her out of the garage no stains on the floor.

As im driving the truck with the A/C on i smell burning oil in the cab, the garage floor is clean, when i got back tranny starts slipping check for fluids and the dipstick is dry.

My question is, where the hell is all the fluid going?
fluid has to be leaking from somewhere,or venting out of the vent tube!

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
152 Posts
Seems to me because its not leaking while parked. What can be the cause of this?
It's not leaking when you are parked, so it's leaking when you are running..
Cooler line, cooler line union, trans cooler, pan gasket ect.
Get under the truck and see it be yourself

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What would be the cause of it leaking. I gotta get under and investigate.

·
A1 TRANSMISSION
4,827 Posts
ok.if there was fluid in the bellhousing you have a leak!!!possible causes,front seal,front pump bushing has walked out,pump oring,or bolt seals,also check the hubb on the converter for wear or damage! the trans has to come out for all of these, i would go ahead and have the front pump rebuilt,you can reuse your converter unless it has wear on the hubb!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts