Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
BagsR4groceries eBay built
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im looking to sell my 20s. but here are my options:
I have one local guy well kinda local lives an hour away really interested in my wheels and he has a Sonic Blue L so its perfect for him and he loves my wheels. So heres the deal he would pay me $1000 plus trade me his stock 04 wheels with tires. OOOOORRRRRR.......

Keep my 20s and widen the rears to 10" and get a set of Nitto NT05Rs (315/35r20) oooooooorrrrrrr.......

Get a set of rear Centerline split spokes in 17x11 with the M&H 390/40r17s considering I have front 17x7s already as my skinnies. And sell my 20s to pay for the rims and tires.

I do have second thoughts about selling the 20s because they look so sick on my truck.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Well Im looking to sell my 20s. but here are my options:
I have one local guy well kinda local lives an hour away really interested in my wheels and he has a Sonic Blue L so its perfect for him and he loves my wheels. So heres the deal he would pay me $1000 plus trade me his stock 04 wheels with tires. OOOOORRRRRR.......

Keep my 20s and widen the rears to 10" and get a set of Nitto NT05Rs (315/35r20) oooooooorrrrrrr.......

Get a set of rear Centerline split spokes in 17x11 with the M&H 390/40r17s considering I have front 17x7s already as my skinnies. And sell my 20s to pay for the rims and tires.

I do have second thoughts about selling the 20s because they look so sick on my truck.
imo rims can make or break a car/truck its hard to find a set that makes your ride look awesome.you have a pretty sick theme going on now i like them.but then again i like custom stuff.

·
I Miss My L
6,552 Posts
Your wheels are sick...it would be hard for me to choose but your wheels look tits

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
option #3 - get the center lines...

·
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys...I know they make my truck stand apart from the rest but I get bored quick and again i get so frustrated when I race some one with them on and they cant hook.... I kinda want to widen them and get some Drag radials before I do something drastic.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
thanks guys...I know they make my truck stand apart from the rest but I get bored quick and again i get so frustrated when I race some one with them on and they cant hook.... I kinda want to widen them and get some Drag radials before I do something drastic.
weldwheel craft my friend my 18 inche stang rims are going there soon! they are very unique rims dont want to get rid of them so they have a date to see mr widener

·
Carbon Fiber Addict
12,655 Posts
I thought you had already bought Centerlines? :smt102

Either way, I'd still go the Centerlines & 390's route. The truck is no fun when you can't put the power down on the street. :(

·
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well I checked to see how much to widen the 20s ..not worth it...IM going with centerlines as my next wheel setup. IM gunna be rocking stock 04 wheels for a while till my 390s and rear wheels come in.

·
Administrator
18,163 Posts
I am not a fan of 20s or 22s. Not sure if it is from growing up when 15" was a big wheel, or the fact that I know bigger wheels hurt performance. But I really like your wheels on your truck. Perfect cruising setup.

But if you want to hook, then a better combination is required.

Jim

·
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
man those rims make your truck unique. i would keep the wheels
thanks thats what everyone is telling me
I am not a fan of 20s or 22s. Not sure if it is from growing up when 15" was a big wheel, or the fact that I know bigger wheels hurt performance. But I really like your wheels on your truck. Perfect cruising setup.

But if you want to hook, then a better combination is required.

Jim
Yeh Jim its hard I cant seeing dishing out $800 just to widen the 20s than buying 315 35 20 drag radials. I dont know what to do. People keep telling me Ill regret it. maybe I should keep them. this is flippin tough.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts