Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a whole box full of bolts that I am trying to identify to put a motor back together.

Can anyone tell me what these bolts go to?

I was thinking maybe the timing cover?

Attachments

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
super charger

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
IIRC they are about 3 inch long and full thread

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK,
Since you guys made that seem easy.

Can you tell me what these bolts are?
The first picture has 4 different thread lengths even though they are almost all the same length.

Attachments

·
"Only god can judge me."
4,655 Posts
OK,
Since you guys made that seem easy.

Can you tell me what these bolts are?
The first picture has 4 different thread lengths even though they are almost all the same length.

Those are tranny to block bolts. The longer ones go where the dowel is. Looks like you have an extra as there are only 7 total for the tranny.

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
one on far left is not like the others...... one on the far left just doesn't belong......and that song goes on and on

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen this is why bags (with labels) are a good idea when doing a motor...

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
yup i lable everything down to the hole it came out of...... might want to think about that in the future.....lol

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's what I do when I am the one doing the dissasembly. Unfortunately I bought a truck where the motor and tyranny were already pulled and all the parts were in boxes. Very few were marked and now I have just a box of parts I'm sorting through trying to identify all this stuff. I still have abunch of miscellaneous nuts and bolts to identify.
Thanks for everyone's help.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
That's what I do when I am the one doing the dissasembly. Unfortunately I bought a truck where the motor and tyranny were already pulled and all the parts were in boxes. Very few were marked and now I have just a box of parts I'm sorting through trying to identify all this stuff. I still have abunch of miscellaneous nuts and bolts to identify.
Thanks for everyone's help.

it takes a person with a ton of patience to take on a project like that, and I hope you didn't take my post as a personal attack as it was not intended to be, it was directed to people who will be doing projects like these in the future 'cause if you label everything then anyone can come along and finish up

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it takes a person with a ton of patience to take on a project like that, and I hope you didn't take my post as a personal attack as it was not intended to be, it was directed to people who will be doing projects like these in the future 'cause if you label everything then anyone can come along and finish up

Not at all and I appreciate the help. I got a good deal on the truck...it came with a brand new JLP short block and quite a few upgraded parts but its still a PITA trying to make sure that everything is there because I plan to do everything all at once. I think I'm almost there now and plan to do everything in about two weeks. Ill post lots of photos.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
10 Participants
lightningkid
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing