Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a long story that I'll jump over for now but in order to gain some additional front tire/fender clearance I was recommended to have my front end alignment set 1.5 degrees Negative Camber.
I'm not concerned about the increased tire wear because I don't put that many miles on it but I am curious to what you think about any change in handling etc.

· Stock Block [email protected]
3,383 Posts
ummmm.... i would get another recommendation..... cant see an alignment doing any kind of clearance you are looking for....are your ISO's in? maybe a new set of springs...

· Registered
2,159 Posts
Before you go with that much camber. Trim the upper center of the fender liners, and roll the center fender tab the liner mounts too.
Run a such caster as you can get out of your adjustments, if you have stiffflers upper arms you should be able to get like 9* and still keep camber at about 1*
The additional caster will add camber while turning and help your clearance. Run up to .25* toe in to counter act tire wear or .25* toe out to achieve quicker turn in and more initial bite under cornering.
I run the toe out with 1* neg camber. With negligible poor tire wear. And the best handling alignment I have ever had. Plan is to bump neg camber and caster a bit more. And see how it does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.