Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
[smilie=eek4.gif] just went through that thread... ughhhh....  hehehehehhehe :D

I like the post about how a hemi or a titan would be "faster" if the Lightning didn't have a supercharger (something like that... lol [smilie=laugh.gif] )

ohhh and the infamous LONG BED HEMI that ran 12.6's or the one where I could buy an SRT-4 blah blah blah and it would still beat your 35k lightning LOL [smilie=xxrotflmao.gif]

Those guys must be from THE...
PLANET DEE'z

Those peeps are hilarioius [smilie=popcorn.gif]

G

·
Do you want some more humor???

I was walking to my truck and I ran into a girl I went to school with... She started talking to me and she's like "Is this your truck?... It's really nice... What is it, a Dodge?"

I almost fell to the ground.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
SlowSVT95 said:

I was walking to my truck and I ran into a girl I went to school with... She started talking to me and she's like "Is this your truck?... It's really nice... What is it, a Dodge?"

I would have been like... [smilie=ugh2.gif] :smt021 person = [smilie=owneddance.gif]

lol! at least she didn't ask you... "That thing got'a hemi?"

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SlowSVT95 said:

I hope you set her straight!!!!!!!!!!! :smt075

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
[Quoted by assorted assholes on the Mopar Board]

FoMoCo shelving the SVT truck isn't to concentrate on the new mustang (like they claim). Its because they know they can't reliably make the claimed 500hp they need to keep up with the srt10

let the ford bashing begin

The Lightning is another Phord faker. It's a wannabe performance vehicle. It can almost keep up with the SRT-10, which still makes it a loser.

He also just told me his 70,000 mile '85 LTD has just found yet a new place to leak oil.....

I break Phords when I drive them. I don't try; it just happens. The Lightning is another Phord faker. It's a wannabe performance vehicle. It can almost keep up with the SRT-10, which still makes it a loser.

[end of assorted a-hole quotes]

I have only had the pleasures once in my life to beat a man to a bloody pulp with a baseball bat,
These assholes make we want to go out and buy a new bat, AND A BIG ONE AT THAT

We're all entitled to our opinion, and ya I have one on the SRT-10, It's UGLY, over priced,
has a schitty Clutch, a 5 ft throw on the shifter, and a Mack Truck Front End NOUGH SAID,
But the Viper motor is a work of art.

Whoopy big frigging deal, the SRT-10 is like 2 MPH faster
OR SOMETHING
and can't get down the track if it's life depended on it.

I'd say it is VERY FAIR to say that @ 90% of the L's on the road will absolutely dust that big mac Truck looking Fugly POS

And as I continue to say, (sad as it may be), I'm glad Ford Bailed on the Gen III,
Since the choice was to ALSO USE A BIG ASS UGLY LOOKING TRUCK
NO THANKS, Dodge already has one......

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rob_02Lightning said:
[Quoted by assorted assholes on the Mopar Board]

We're all entitled to our opinion, and ya I have one on the SRT-10, It's UGLY, over priced,
has a schitty Clutch, a 5 ft throw on the shifter, and a Mack Truck Front End NOUGH SAID
[smilie=owned.gif]

·
Registered
426 Posts
"Along these same lines concerning the cost of the lightning, what would you think about buying a 19K dollar truck, adding less than 600 dollars in mods and run mid 12's on street tires?

Would you respect that? Would that make you any less respectful of the Lightning?"

Yeah right.  At our MiLoc events I out ran modded Dakotas that had much more than that.  Albiet they were pulling like a freight train at the traps compared to me....  But hey.. I got there first.  :D

Rich

·
Registered
29 Posts
After sitting down and reading the hot-air filled thread, a few comments:

Not that we don't already know this, but there are two types of people, some with brains and the masses without.  Not knocking either brand, I have seen some real knuckleheads from both camps.  Pride does not = vendor bashing.  I know it goes on in both ranks, but it gets old.  I enjoy the "Another Hemi bites the Dust" post as much as the next, but it gets old, and the content gets worse.  If you race someone and beat them, but they put up a good run give em some respect. 

Nothing wrong with any one brand.  SRT is becoming a popular label.  The SRT-4 will smoke anything in its class and alot of things out of its class.  They are earning their marks.  But the whole power-adder and the Hemi makes more base power is crap.  The L is 380HP stock, and if you check out the Eaton website, the Heaton make an additional [email protected] and [email protected]  So interpolate a little and 8psi=40-48HP range depending on how linear the relationship is.  That puts the L at 330-340HP w/o a supercharger...and it is still lighter so I fail to see how a Hemi is so great.  Granted it is a good motor, but nothing as special as it is made out to be. 

My opinion, Ford does need a little work with their products, but that will just make them better.  There will never be an end to the Vendor wars, but why is it the [email protected] always have the most baseless answers and posts?  Reading that thread was comical, the average IQ must be in the mid 80's...supporting one's chosen brand is great, but the facts as always are skewed.  I had a buddy with a Hemi, and when he traded it in, he got another FORD...now he isn't the ex post facto for truck sales, but he is a gear-head from way back, and my stock L smoked his hemi up and down the street all day long.  He never once said, "well that's cause it has a power adder...that's not fair" or "well the SRT-10 is faster, blah blah blah".  He said "WOW, that's great."  Respect is when someone knows what they are talking about and can give props for those who also know what they are talking about, regardless of make, model, cost, etc.

That said, I am keeping my L...no SRT will change that.  Props to Dodge on a well made vehicle, but practicality still lies with the Gen II and even the Dakota R/T's because a pick-up is made to haul other things besides @ss and if you can't put anything in the bed or tow with it...it isn't a pickup any more.  Sorry for the long rant and some of you are saying, tell me something I don't know...but some just don't know or just don't get it...

Sorry I didn't post this over in Dodge world, but could work up the energy to register over there.  If someone wants to transpose great, if not, maybe some L guys can learn something too.

Cheers,

Charlie

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks, kinda sounded like a sermon, but it just gets old. One of the greatest things about this site is there is relatively little exposure to that here. We are a collective of gear-heads that like to wrench and share ideas/experiences. That is what it is really about. I could care less who comes up with it, Ford, Dodge or Chevy, but all good ideas should be welcome. We are all in pursuit of controlled speed, with a common goal should come a little sense of direction, not dragging each brand down in a mire of crap about brand X.

Thanks to those who keep it clean over here, it is refreshing!

Charlie

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mudwyser21 said:
Thanks, kinda sounded like a sermon, but it just gets old.  One of the greatest things about this site is there is relatively little exposure to that here.  We are a collective of gear-heads that like to wrench and share ideas/experiences.  That is what it is really about.  I could care less who comes up with it, Ford, Dodge or Chevy, but all good ideas should be welcome.  We are all in pursuit of controlled speed, with a common goal should come a little sense of direction, not dragging each brand down in a mire of crap about brand X. 

Thanks to those who keep it clean over here, it is refreshing!

Charlie
:smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 Very true Charlie, although I still think it is worth the time to look over the fence once in a while and see what's going on next door. ;)

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Aperintly the dodge boys are scared of us due to they know we will woop there ass's all the time and they can't do anything about it. My sister and brother in law are Bowtie freaks and they give me hell. I allways say is First On Race Day

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Hey I may think it's Fugly, but you NEVER hear me say ALL DODGES are Crap
OR Talk schitt about Dodge in general

Schitt some of my favorite cars I've owned were Mopars
70 RT Super Bee 440 Mag, 70 Cuda 383 Mag, Big Block GTX, etc....
Plus the Viper is my Dream Car. Sometimes I think I'm more pissed because I orig thought
I'd buy a SRT 10, being it has the Viper Power Plant, BUT THEN I SAW IT  [smilie=eek4.gif]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.