56K on clock
12" stack
95mm maf cnl
cnl tube
accufab SBTB
different muffler.
thats it.

it just seems slower than usual.
and to test my theory. i raced a buddy who always loses to me and he won.

*also noticed that night that im only putting down 8psi... i always put down 13psi... not anymore.
it stays HARD at 8.

could i possible have belt slip or belt stretched?
im still on the stock belt with a 100MM idler and metco old aux pulley bracket.

so insight?
what i should do...
getting new belt tommorow but what size belt and what brand?

thanks

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
what are you 60' numbers and are you running street tires? i know that wont account for you losing boost but does affect you time when you spin the first 100ft

·
AKA "Da Postman"
2,845 Posts
Something is up. My stock truck ran 8.80's consistently in 85*-90* temps....

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,765 Posts
stock pulleys
HOT-n-HUMID
no tune

yes his i/c pump was running (in the staging lanes)

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
im going to bet with no tune on a 95mm is whats killing you.... bigger tube= lower velocity across the maf and throwing off your A/F off.... test this by throwing your stock maf and intake one and see if she wakes up.

·
CONTAINS SARCASM >>
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
never had a issue before... always ran great.

after rolling around today i punched it a few times and its starting to cut out... gonna change fuel filter and do spark plugs this up coming weekend.

·
Registered
759 Posts
My best was 9.2 @ 77, so don't feel bad. Also I'm only getting around 11psi with a 6# lower and a 2.7 upper. The elevation is high though at 6500', but kinda disappointing none-the-less. Oh and consistant 2.1 60 footers? I sure would like to see what 13-15 psi would be like, but I seriously don't think I could see that much boost without moving to a twin screw at this altitude. I sometimes wonder, if I have belt slip or a leaky seal somewhere between the outlet of the blower and the cylinder heads?

·
.030, XR heads, [email protected]
12,831 Posts
never had a issue before... always ran great.

after rolling around today i punched it a few times and its starting to cut out... gonna change fuel filter and do spark plugs this up coming weekend.

hey soaper... I got a brand new 4 lb metco ring n belt sitting here collecting dust since my new 8 lb'er n belt showed up?!

·
CONTAINS SARCASM >>
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
**** if i know.
i dont know who said... and im not looking for the thread.
but said since i had all the intake side stuff done i could see it on stock pullies.
so i dunno. it used to cause i feared it but it never hurt anything.
now sits at 8psi firmly

·
CONTAINS SARCASM >>
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey soaper... I got a brand new 4 lb metco ring n belt sitting here collecting dust since my new 8 lb'er n belt showed up?!
wtf am i gonna do with a 4lbr when i have a 6lbr sitting in my box? lol

i have my parts to do everything right and get MORE potential. but i gotta have about 200$ to get one more thing done and itll be good... but i dont have that yet cause i work for 10$ a hr and 530$ a month goes to daycare.

·
.030, XR heads, [email protected]
12,831 Posts
i work for 10$ a hr and 530$ a month goes to daycare.

start your own daycare.... and work on your truck at nap time!

or sell kids?!:laughing25

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.