Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted a thread awhile back about my transmission quit pulling. Ended up being a bad converter(someone else diagnosed the converter). I plulled the transmission and was going to have blowerslut rebuild it, but some things came up and I couldn't afford it. So I pulled it apart with the help of a guy that does them locally, and found the front main hub splines were stripped. So I replaced it and went ahead and did a full rebuild and everything is working good.
I ordered a Circle D 12" 2200-2400 stall. He asked if I had any questions about their product and told me if I had any issues to call him. He also let me know when it would be ready and when it shipped he would get me a tracking number. Most people that I have dealt with when ordering a product just get my credit card number and that's it. This made me feel good about buying this product. So it arrived a day earlier than expected(a good thing). Packaging was very professional I think I could throw it off the roof and it would have been fine. I take it out to inspect it and everything look good.
So I took the truck out after I got the fluid topped off and didn't notice much when going easy(I expected and was told it would drive like stock when going easy) Then I went wide open....big difference. I am running standard 555s and of course they are useless in first. Second gear I can go from anywhere in the rpm range of 1200 to 3000 on a roll and stomp it and bust em loose. It appears to be stalling right at 2400 kinda feels like a sling shot:bigtu.
I need to change my tune alittle cause I have overdrive locked out till 50mph. That just happens to be at 2400rpm where my truck runs in 3rd gear.
I'm glad I went with circle D I know there are a few coverters out there but I like the fact that Circle D puts a video out there showing what they do to make them. I highly recommend them. If anyone has any questions I will try to answer them.
I will have more of a review when I get to the track October 4th and get on my slicks.

On a side note, I messed up my stickers they sent me by putting my transmission down on them. So I called them and asked how much it would cost to get some new ones. I think I talked to Chris and he said he would send me some and a shirt on the house....(great customer service)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Has anyone actually posted up a before and after comparison on any of the popular converters. I mean as far as how they compared at the track and drivabity.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Love mine as well, they built exactly what I wanted, triple disc stock stall billet front with a drain bolt (converted truck used for towing)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Chris is a Lightning Guy hands down. When my trans destroyed my converter (Oil pump not installed properly) he gave me their newest style for 600$ off. I wont ever buy another converter.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words guys.... glad to see all the happy customers.

And yes, still have my DSG 04. It's my DD.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts