Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure of it.. I'm chasing an annoying vibration/shaking from about 45 on up.At times it feels like the wheels are coming off,,,other times not so bad.. I have all new Moog parts under the front end..uppers lowers inner outers and idler...2 sets of new tires..nittos shook hard ,, P zeros are better..while laying under my 03 staring at things, I noticed that my driveshaft yoke and transmission output shaft can move almost a 1/4 inch side to side....called transmission shop and they say that's a bit much...but I'm not ready to let a tranny shop rape me yet..Can anyone crawl under and see how much movement you have with the rear tires jacked off the ground???

·
Hit the Pace Car!
2,610 Posts
I don't have the truck with me right now, but it does sound like a bit much. I know I had an annoying vibration at above 45, it ended up being a weight from the drive shaft had flew off. It egged shaped the extension housing and popped the seal loose causing it to leak tranny fluid a little, but didn't notice a leak till I jacked it up. I do remember it having a lot of movement with the extension housing egged shaped. New extension housing cost between 55-75 dollars.

Hope you can figure it out man, best of luck

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
If you are saying you have a half inch of movement side to side in the tranny yolk you need to drop that thing off at the shop as soon as you can.

·
skittles (taste the rainbow)
2,298 Posts
If you are saying you have a half inch of movement side to side in the tranny yolk you need to drop that thing off at the shop as soon as you can.

+1 i would have that checked asap..lets us know what you end up finding

1 - 5 of 5 Posts