Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
don't know what's wrong with my lil g. he's not functioning right.. like he's really weak. won't roll up into a ball or anything. he's like 4 years old i think calling a vet would be useless for him.

i know it's just a little rodent but i had this guy for like 4 years he was chill man. this blows. i don't want to wake up one of these mornings and find him dead.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

they have little quills like a porquepine but can't shoot them off... mine is albino though he looks like this.

i'm choked because i'm just sitting on my ass here knowing he's in his tank suffering and most likely dying and i'm doing nothing to help him. like i said he was just a rodent.. but i had him so long and nothing deserves to just sit there and suffer.

a vet will be like 200 bucks if i take him tomorrow i think and even if i do idk if i can save him.

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
might just be sick man... got any gatorade laying around? I know when my dog got hit by a car we had him in the floor of the shower running cool water over him...I also gave him bunches of gatorade... because he had ran off chaseing a rabbit, and a hour or so later we found him down the road piled up in the ditch trembling...

Moral of the story... give the little guy gatorade... unless thats one of those cardinal sin for Sonic

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have noooo idea.. i don't want to start experimenting.. but he's been like this for more than 3 days.. just laying there. i don't even know if there is a point to take him to the vet. i could pay money and the vet might not even be able to fix him. or he could get fixed by die in a year down the road. or i can let him die and go get another hedgehog for cheaper than his vet bill will be.

this sucks. he's not even anything special.. kind of special to me though for a hedgehog.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cute little bastards. You ever set up cups and bowl with him?
naw these guys only come out in night time so during the day i didn't like to wake him up just to play.. i bought him a bunch of balls to cruise around in but he didn't like that.. so he would train in his wheel all night. now he's just laying there in his wooden house. usually he'd be curled up into a ball but right now he's laying on his side.. i think i'm gonna lose him soon and i don't want to.

·
Just a farm truck
1,512 Posts
might just be sick man... got any gatorade laying around? I know when my dog got hit by a car we had him in the floor of the shower running cool water over him...I also gave him bunches of gatorade... because he had ran off chaseing a rabbit, and a hour or so later we found him down the road piled up in the ditch trembling...

Moral of the story... give the little guy gatorade... unless thats one of those cardinal sin for Sonic
Children's Pedialite works GREAT too. My mom has a pomeranian and everytime he is sick, lethargic, etc, she gives him a little of that and hes back to running around in no time.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Cute little guy! What's the life expectancy of those guys? If It's over 4 years take his Ass to the vet Damn it! $200 for a vet call is ridiculous though surely it won't cost that much! Either way he's your little buddy and you took the responsibility of that so get moving! I Hope It's something small and he gets better soon! Nothing but my Best Wishes for the little guy!!

·
Registered
6,328 Posts

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
TAKE HIM IN. You'll never forgive yourself if you do nothing and the worst happens. If you take him in, and the Vet says there's nothing they can do, you will still know you did everything you could to give the little fellow a chance. It will make whatever hapens easier, believe me. I blew 2000.00 in a week on my cat, only to have to put him down at the end of it because his cancer was out of control. Could I have just let him go and saved that money? Sure. Could I have lived with myself if I hadn't tried everything I could to keep him here though? Probably not.

Good luck man. Keep us posted. I'm not some ASPCA Hippy or anything, but animals are as important as children in my mind.

·
paranoid
4,608 Posts
dude that little guy looks cool... i would take him in ...

shoot i know people who spend thousands on cats and i have spent thousands on my bulldog when he was alive... if he means something to you then take care of him bro...

also where do you get those little guys from ...?

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Debating over the costs... Must not be that important. Especially if part of the decision hinges on getting a new one if this one dies.

Sent from my iPhone 5

·
Farm Truck Owner
58,414 Posts
+3 on the pedialyte. It will make sure he's hydrated at the very least. Couple years back I ended up spending just over $2,500 on a Pit pup that had Parvo rather than put it down because my son was attached after owning it for less than a week and we didn't nor still don't have the money. BTW still paying that bill n it was shared between emergency care and a vet during the day as emergency care closed at 7 or 8am. Take him to the vet man.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
What's my age again?
2,070 Posts
Take him to the vet regardless....I know I haven't been able to afford the vet before but I didn't care my pets mean a lot to me. I still cringe when I find one of my prized fish dead. I even have a "hospital" tank set up for sick fish. I had a dog that got parvo once and I missed work for a week to take care of him and fed him pedialyte and electrolytes the vet gave me. I couldn't the vet cost or to miss work but I did and he pulled through so it was all well worth it. Current dog had a pancreas flare up when he was a pup. I also missed 2 days of work and my mom missed work for 2 days and came over to watch him as well. He had to be fed special food every couple of hours because he would just yak it out. He lived off pedialyte for literally a week. Also pulled through and was well worth the "hassle" Point being sometimes you just don't know. Google info on hedgies I have researched them before as I really want one and was able to find vets in my area that actually knew how to take care them. Look up an exotic animals vet too if you can't find one that knows about hedgies.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts