Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellers! Just wanted to introduce myself real quick. I just purchased my first Lightning last weekend. It's a 2001 with 20k miles. Only mods are traction bars and a flowmaster catback (needs replaced with a Bassani). I had to go up to NY to get it which made for a very enjoyable 280 mile ride home. :) These trucks ride great!!!

I'm going to TRY and keep it stock for at least this year...but who knows. I'm already getting the itch for a CAI, 4# lower, and chip :)

Thanks to Chis for pointing me to this site. From what I've been reading, it seems like a real close group of L owners!

BTW: How can I upload some pictures?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yea wait till the warranty expires then mod the hell out of it, They are still the best ride with a bed , I have an 01L it has 60K on it and loved it everytime I start it up. I had a 93 and loved it too but had to give it up, wives are funny about having too many love interests around - 2 lightnings in one garage....... should have kept both and got rid of the wife? Did I just say that? Alot less maintenance........ and the warranty was over before I got to it!

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Dan aka Whistler aka my postwhore comrade from novipower!  :LOL

Welcome to LR bro! Be sure to make this your new home away from home man!

POSTWHORES are welcomed man!

Here is a bit of info for ya on how to post up a pic:

Below the "TEXT BOX" in the "MESSAGE POST/REPLY screen" you will see a text link that says "Additional Options..." click that and then you will see a drop down menu appear along with an "Attach:" field so you can enter the path to the pic you wish to upload to LR or you can choose the "browse" button so you can navigate through your HD to find the pic of choice :)  ALSO, if you want to add more attachments click on "more attachments" to the right of the "browse" button and another attachment field box will be generated below the first one!

D00d I am stoked that you got an L and that you are on LR! Welcome aboard bro!

Post away man!

-Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok here we go! Some pics for ya'll. Forgive the salt and general dirtiness of the L. A 280 mile drive home in February is not forgiving to black vehicles. Just wait until I can get it cleaned up a little bit.

And that damn front license plate has got to go ASAP!

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Dan,

She is beautiful man!!!! :smt023

MORE PICS MORE PICS heheheh when you get a chance :eek:)

:smt033

-Chris

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
You got the fastes color. Rob will agree with me on this one

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally got around to washing it today and snapped a couple pictures. Who said it's too cold to wash in the snow? :) I still haven't had a chance to throw some Vanilla Moose and S100 on it so the finish isn't as reflective, rich, or deep as I would like...I'm waiting for the weather to warm up a bit (at least in the 40's). I must say, I was originally looking for a white L but I'm liking black more and more :)

Still debating the first mod....I'm thinking CAI. Or maybe saving for a Bassani catback. Who knows.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
DAMMMMMNNNNNNN! :smt023 Looking good my friend!!!! Looking good!
[smilie=discomonkey.gif] :smt033

1 - 10 of 10 Posts