Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 5 year labor of love full body off restoration and build. It was all done by a retired Ford Mechanic at home in his garage with a lot of Blood, Sweat, & Tears. It was his Family / Work truck for many years before it went under the knife and I think the man did an amazing job. John (the former owner) unfortunately got sick and couldn’t finish it 100% but it's finished enough and the amazing part is he did absolutely everything himself in his garage.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1991 Ford Ranger XLT

5.0L Roller Short Block bought new from Ford

DPI Aussi 351W Aluminum Heads (pressure cast 2024 aluminum alloy)

190CC Intake, 64CC Chamber, 2.02 Intake/160 Exhaust Stainless 1 pc Valves, Thickwall Bronze Guides, Chromoly Retainers, .650 Lift Dual Springs, Guide Plates, Hi Temp Viton Positive Locking Valve Seals, .400 thick deck surfaces

Special Grind Hydraulic Roller Cam
Harland Sharp Aluminum Roller Rockers (Chevy Rockers used on Aussie Heads)

1993 Cobra EFI Intake w/ Staggered Port Lower Manifold
Custom Tuned

AOD Trans, (86 Mustang Rebuilt / Beefed Up AOD “Non ECM Controlled”)
Modified Valve Body
B&M Converter
B&M Shifter

Narrowed 9” Rear
Currie Axles
New Posi Unit w/ 3.50 Gears
4 Link Rear Suspension
Rear Coil Over Springs & Shocks
P295/50R15 Rear Tires (26.6 x 12.1) Can fit MUCH WIDER Rear Tires
225/50R15 Front Tires (23.8 x 8.8)

POR15 Painted Chassis
Fiberglass Front Bumper & Lower Facier
Fiberglass Rear Roll Pan
Fiberglass Dual Scoop Mach 1 Hood
Tubbed Bed
Relocated Fuel Tank
Shaved Door Handles
Shaved Rear Tail Gate Handle
Shaved Gas Filler Door
Shaved Rear Tail Lights
Molded in 1991 Cadillac Tail Lights
Driver Side Door Solenoid & Popper

Interior color changed from Gold to Grey
New Head Liner
New Carpet
New Windshield
New Sliding Back Window
Explorer Power Leather Seats
(Explorer Console included “to be installed”)
EFI V8 Harness
New Brake Lines
1” Front Sway Bar
New Tonneau Cover

I'm pretty dam excited about it, a 25 year old vehicle with 1000 miles on it. Tuned and dialed in, all the bugs worked out, Big Tire or small tire, should be a lot of fun... :woohoo

·
AKA DADDY SHAGGY
2,466 Posts
All I've got to say if you ever want to sell it let me know... My gramps 84 v8 ranger was my first truck I ever drove. I've been wanting one fora while. Settled for an s10 for now

·
105's Coming Soon!!!
2,359 Posts
Nice looking ride Rob. I always wanted a ranger with a V8 in it. Would love to throw a coyote motor in a ranger some day. :bigtu

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
Rob had sent me the pix via email and when I first opened it I said WTF with that beige truck and a cab... I thought he was pranking me. But then I got further into the pix and storyline and man that is one nice little package. Leave it to Rob to find a needle in a haystack.

Mike

·
AKA DADDY SHAGGY
2,466 Posts
Rob had sent me the pix via email and when I first opened it I said WTF with that beige truck and a cab... I thought he was pranking me. But then I got further into the pix and storyline and man that is one nice little package. Leave it to Rob to find a needle in a haystack.

Mike
Lmao I thought it was a sleeper... I saw ranger and I knew it was a v8. But I was expecting to see a big block or nasty small block in the stock looking beige form lol

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
90's caddilac tail lights....I dont know why people do that shit to GM trucks, but a ford truck?

:smt078 :smt078 :smt078 :smt078

Sorry but thats just wrong.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Part of buying what someone else did custom, sometimes it's not what you would have done. To be honest though I like them, gives the back a nice old school look which I happen to like. Once I get a Big Tire back there I think it'll look even better.

It's not going to be an insane amount of power but stronger than a stock Cobra 5.0 was (and in something a lot lighter). It started out at 2857 lbs and although some weight was put in with the V8, AOD, 9", a lot was also taken out. Steel Front Bumpers replaced with Fiberglass, Steel Back Bumper replaced with Fiberglass Roll Pan, Steel Hood replaced with Fiberglass, Steel Wheels replaced with Alloys, AC removed, all AC components removed, Heater removed, AC/Heater Box removed, All the handles removed, etc...

He put a lot of thought into the motor and paid a lot of money for Aussie Heads because they ad a lot of power. He also put a lot of thought into the Roller Cam, Roller Rockers, Push Rods, Lifters, Manifold, etc... He assures me it makes a lot of power and its quite fast & fun to drive. If not hello Procharger, LOL.....

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya I noticed that immediately, when i get it home I'll be asking bout that,
then again I'll probably never keep it long enough to worry bout [smilie=om
im kidding im kidding :p

This is the short version of the build pics, I've been talking with him for weeks and now have literally hundred of pictures of the build from start to finish and will getting CD's, bills, receipts, and a lot of extra parts. He actually test fitted a few different motors, with and without AC, different heads, headers, different manifolds, he really did put a lot of time into the final choice of parts used.

I'll have to dig out the pic where he did the exhaust, the amount of Stainless Steel Pipe he had was just amazing. He also built the exhaust from head to toe, cut off header tubes, modified them where needed, welded it all himself, great placement of 02's. I wont say right now what I paid for it but for the time effort and parts that went into it vs what I paid for it was just insane.
Simply a deal I could not pass up even if I wasnt looking for my 4th ProStreet Ranger :smt042

To be honest I'm pretty excited about it, Ronbo got himself a real nice light weight Cobra Truck with 1000 miles on for an amazing price :woohoo

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
Those Seats look like they're out of my old '93 Explorer XLT with the leather package. I loved those seats bc they were a direct knock off of Recaros right down to the center bolster being adjustable fore and aft for long legged guys like me. They also breathe pretty good IIRC, had all kinds of tilt, grip, and lumbar controls too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts