Lightning Rodder banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Holbrook, straight up Ford. they have some monster stuff in there, They built a ton of theses 5.4's. Thats why I pay them to build this for me. I could of pieced out the build but i went with the experienced and fully capable in house shop.

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
when I was acquiring the project, I had to chase down the block, crank and other rotating assembly parts because it was being parted out by the previous owner, so some work was done some not. Either way I had to start from scratch, no better way then taking it to someone who knows.

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
By the way TV barn finds make getting these types of cars easy. it took a minute to come up with this
Had this been a Stang, Vette, Camero I may have had to get confrontational, like some of the other finds I've come across
Great hobby but a very emotional one. LOL

· 10 second street truck
13,158 Posts
The post you sent said nothing over .580, the builder didn't have any issues with the size
Then send it bud.

I linked thread where .580 is the limit. You already had clearance issues. But again, what would I know?

Do me a favor, reach out to a shop like woodbine, l&m, or Todd Warren and see if they'd run a cam that big.

You spend all this time on your fucking over complicated fuel system, but you're just gonna yolo something as important as a cam.

· 10 second street truck
13,158 Posts
By the way TV barn finds make getting these types of cars easy. it took a minute to come up with this
Had this been a Stang, Vette, Camero I may have had to get confrontational, like some of the other finds I've come across
Great hobby but a very emotional one. LOL

Finding a lightning is easy. There's a fucking ton for sale.

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
yes there are, but this wasn't me looking to buy, this was a deal that came my way. Once again if this was a Mustang project my offer would of been last.
Yes I'm talking about the cam size with some other people now. I will reach out to thoses people you listed.
The concern is the sweep of the rocker on the valve. But the 4v rockers changed that.

· 10 second street truck
13,158 Posts
yes, mild tune, I'm not looking for the biggest #'s , Just a WOW factor
I search for Chris A1 ?

With that 3.4 and the pulley combo you'll need to keep that motor safe I think you'll be lacking that wow factor.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts