Lightning Rodder banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Aint that sweet?

Jim
I don't miss the growl when putting around but the WOT scream made me feel like a crack junkie, I could never get enough of it. I still feel like a recovering addict who wants to hear it again everyday.

·
Dual Money Pits
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
chinga tu vida puto ponte hacer algo
how about not being a ****ing pussy in my thread...whats the matter, not a big enough keyboard warrior to talk shit where the whole board will understand without having to run it through google?

back to the thread..driving this thing around on a base tune is KILLING me! I havent seen north of 8-9 psi in 3 weeks. Should be getting it and the stang tuned when I get back in town in December

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is an old thread but had a question, assuming truck is on stock pulleys, upper/lower. Would adding an MP sc and MP big o tb add extra boost? Would it be fine with a stock tune?

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,592 Posts
I know this is an old thread but had a question, assuming truck is on stock pulleys, upper/lower. Would adding an MP sc and MP big o tb add extra boost? Would it be fine with a stock tune?

same pulleys = generally same boost at lower pulley ratios

and it won’t do anything for you at this time but lower the weight in your wallet

Reactions: blkhd and cbxer55

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,889 Posts
Yeah, I put an MP on mine strictly because I got a blackened MP for a good price and wanted a black blower. So, I have a two pound lower, MP blower, Accufab throttle body, C & L elbow and an LFP cai with the 12 inch K & N filter. Also the rear two cats deleted with a Borla catback. Prior to cleaning the intercooler, mine used to easily peg the stock gauge. After cleaning the intercooler, which was badly plugged and therefore causing the boost gauge to read high due to restriction, mine still hits the top peg, just not as enthusiastically as it used to.

The MP is really just a glorified Eaton, with the rotors moved forward in the case one inch to get them out of the intake tunnel. And it's loud, which is another reason I wanted it. Even with cogs, I can still hear the blower over them. The cogs are more high-pitched, the blower more of a moaning low-pitched sound.

It was worth it in my book. Even though I had a lot of troubles with the drive shaft in the thing. The ring with the three pegs on it kept slipping on the center shaft. Finally had a friend with a machine shop drill three holes through the ring into the shaft, 120 degrees apart. And install three threaded pins through them, joining them together. No more problems since.

I have a jokerz ported Eaton in my garage as a fall back. It's torn apart so I can get it all powder coated black.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, I put an MP on mine strictly because I got a blackened MP for a good price and wanted a black blower. So, I have a two pound lower, MP blower, Accufab throttle body, C & L elbow and an LFP cai with the 12 inch K & N filter. Also the rear two cats deleted with a Borla catback. Prior to cleaning the intercooler, mine used to easily peg the stock gauge. After cleaning the intercooler, which was badly plugged and therefore causing the boost gauge to read high due to restriction, mine still hits the top peg, just not as enthusiastically as it used to.

The MP is really just a glorified Eaton, with the rotors moved forward in the case one inch to get them out of the intake tunnel. And it's loud, which is another reason I wanted it. Even with cogs, I can still hear the blower over them. The cogs are more high-pitched, the blower more of a moaning low-pitched sound.

It was worth it in my book. Even though I had a lot of troubles with the drive shaft in the thing. The ring with the three pegs on it kept slipping on the center shaft. Finally had a friend with a machine shop drill three holes through the ring into the shaft, 120 degrees apart. And install three threaded pins through them, joining them together. No more problems since.

I have a jokerz ported Eaton in my garage as a fall back. It's torn apart so I can get it all powder coated black.
Are you on a stock tune?

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,889 Posts
Are you on a stock tune?
Yup. I have a six pound lower to do at a later date. It's not a priority. I'll tune it when I decide to put that on. Currently it runs just fine. I can hammer it on a 30 degree day with no problems whatsoever.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts