Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the max power you can pull out of a MP blower granted using the biggest pulley you can use....? I figured on E85 that will help make the most of this blower. Truck runs good now on E85 with the MP and 8lber, just was curious!!!

·
Registered
812 Posts
whats it make now and do you have stock heads

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still have stock heads with upgraded pacaloy valve springs and new titanium retainers though, one of these days I will either port these or buy some TF 44's.... I knew if I went back with the stock heads the springs needed replace for sure with some heavier duty ones due to valve float with high boost! Never had it on a dyno yet, just wondering if 600hp is possible without spraying....!

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Ct. Topgun holds the 1/4 record I believe. And had a custom 11# lower made.

He'll probably chime in :bigtu He has alot of knowledge on the MP

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah you can definitely expect ole Jim Ienner to chime in, hopefully I just spelled his last name right lol!

·
Registered
812 Posts
well i know i had one i tuned with stock heads made 525 very easy tune and 8lb pulley

·
Administrator
18,748 Posts
On unported heads, and stock cams, the 8# lower is all I would go. With ported heads and good cams, 600HP can be made on race fuel. Enough power to run 10s on blower if the entire combo is up to it.
With stock top assembly, about 540-550HP is maximum.. No sence pullying up any more until you open up the airflow.

Jim

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
appreciate the info Jim, definitely some useful info there!

·
Registered
812 Posts
even with that power level you can run a nice number with that

·
Administrator
18,748 Posts
Oh Hell yeah! Fast Freddy ran 11.4s for years with a 6# lower. Of course he has a few tricks he employed to achieve this level of performance on a stock longblock. No upgrades. Not even the springs that everyone thought were "needed".

Jim

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya I'm definitely satisfied with that power level for sure.....!!!!

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,765 Posts
there's a couple threads on this topic and dyno sheets were posted in 'em showing that it's possible to get 600hp out of a MP

·
Genital Contractor
2,088 Posts
Jrock did you ever get your temps in check? Also temps you seeing on that 8#'er?

·
Racer of the Jackstand Racing Team
2,408 Posts
Now with the power potential I will assume that this us all on race gas. What us the potential running on pump.

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
I run 11.97-12.10 on the stock long block/MP (16psi) pump gas tune with street tires and no major weight reduction for a track day (tailgate still on, 18"s all around MT's in the rear, pass seat and expy console still in it).

A very Low 11 second MP truck is very possible on a street tune for 93 and a sticky tire. Maybe even high 10's in the right air. Of course only a built motor will do it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.