Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with the MP on the truck last Friday it made 450hp/490fttq on the dyno. Took it to the track that night and ran some horrible times, as I left the street tires on being pinched for time (spinning ain't winning). Tossed the truck in the garage Friday night and didn't pull it out till yesterday. After some cruising I pulled into a parking lot with the radio off and noticed a strange sound from the engine bay, popped the hood and it sounds like marbles swirling around inside the MP... first time I noticed the noise but it could have been there the whole time? :smt089 After some searching around most people say the noise only happens at idle. Now in my case I can hear it at idle and up to about 2000 k, after that I believe the noise is still there but covered up by whine and exhaust noises.

Best place to get the plastic gear coupler and Boost actuator? If its neither of these I believe i'm screwed? correct me if I am wrong

·
Bet you were born naked, you SLUT!
909 Posts
I got mine off eBay

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is this a new mp

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

New MP from the group buy, my original eaton I used rotors from had 37,000 miles, stripped rotors, used GM supercharger oil 6oz, has a 2.7 upper pulley, 8 pound lower, MP idler bridge, All lines are verified correctly hooked up.

It sounds horrible, like It should not be making this noise.

Previously I was running a home ported eaton with 6 pound lower without any noise coming from it.

·
JDM Built/KB 3.2
2,175 Posts
Is your rpm surging at all or the truck running rough while idle?

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Yea marble noise is usually snout. Can be rotor pack.

But brett is right, need to see inside the case

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Hahah
You were here first.

And I'm not interested in MP blowers

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I didn't realize you can't pull the rotors out with the blower case bolted down, because the rad gets in the way. Im way to tired right now to finish unbolting the case, but i managed to get some nifty pics and take a look around, It looks clean and I do not believe there is any case/rotor contact.

Confirming my assumption that its the coupler, once I had the belt off the pulley had a lot of play (spinning) before It would catch. I'll try to describe it because I don't know how to upload vids.

If in this position, turning counterclockwise the pulley has resistance (starting point) So I will start to turn the pulley clockwise now...

Then turning clockwise the pulley is able to spin(freely) this much before it has resistance again..

****ing stupid plastic parts :smt013

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Damn never seen one come apart like that.

Glad that all it was

1 - 20 of 21 Posts