Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal, or more importantly, will it effect performance? This is the exit side/underside

Also, has anyone else gasket-matched their MP?

Sent from my iPhone 5

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,668 Posts
might as well gasket match it

as far as the machining underneath I don't think it'll be a big deal but you need to talk to Magnum Powers about it

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I emailed Charles right before I put this thread up... Got my coupler today so I'm ready to assemble the blower... Just waiting on the pulley...

Sent from my iPhone 5

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,668 Posts
I wouldn't touch the outlet side

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
I didn't use a gasket between the jlp plenum and the mp, but I did port match them together and used a little gasket maker between them. Cleaned up the outlet, but didn't remove any material, just sanded the casting down.

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
12,195 Posts
I wouldn't use it, most likely a bad casting. The cnc machine is programed to make them all the same from a good casting. So much for quality control.

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
I'm not an engineer but I really don't see it effecting the performance. Integrity of the case should be fine to. You contacted Charles go from there and see what he says. I love my MP and personally that wouldn't bother me. I would install it anyway.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I could even it out, that's not a problem. But I hate having to fix brand new things to make them work. I don't mind modifying, just don't like fixing.

I just don't want it to hinder performance. I don't think it will, if it were the intake side it'd be a different story...

We'll see what Charles says.

Sent from my iPhone 5

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldn't use it, most likely a bad casting. The cnc machine is programed to make them all the same from a good casting. So much for quality control.
While we're on this topic... The boost actuator hole is far from symmetrical. Doesn't bother me, but could be an indicator of the machining quality..

Sent from my iPhone 5

·
L+ME-Chick=Race Time
904 Posts
truck not ready...? I'm sure your frustrated , good luck buddy, mine sounds good it just took some time to get dialed in:cheers

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.