Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per Fedex my new Hoosiers will be here tommorow, now is there any special way to have them mounted? The reason I ask is due to Im not screwing the rim to the tire unless I have too.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys

·
Administrator
18,594 Posts
Mine are screwed as well. But no harm trying them without screws. After two passes, mark them to see if they spin on the rim. They will the first couple, but should settle after that.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine are screwed as well. But no harm trying them without screws. After two passes, mark them to see if they spin on the rim. They will the first couple, but should settle after that.
Thats the plan, if I have to screw them then Ill deflate the tire and go to town

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
If you can get someone to mount them dry fine. If you lube em, screw em, they are going to rotate with your HP Brad. Mine are screwed and no problems, just make sure to get the template with the kit and screw inside and out.

Make sure you have a decent guy mount them. The Bogarts are pretty soft, you don't want some jackass prying like a mutha on a $500 rim or else you will egg them. If you are close to Lakewood, there is a trustworthy guy "Jorge" at Elite lll Detailing 31B Chambers Rd

Scuff em up when you mount them baby and take some vids !!![smilie=3g

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you can get someone to mount them dry fine. If you lube em, screw em, they are going to rotate with your HP Brad. Mine are screwed and no problems, just make sure to get the template with the kit and screw inside and out.

Make sure you have a decent guy mount them. The Bogarts are pretty soft, you don't want some jackass prying like a mutha on a $500 rim or else you will egg them. If you are close to Lakewood, there is a trustworthy guy "Jorge" at Elite lll Detailing 31B Chambers Rd

Scuff em up when you mount them baby and take some vids !!![smilie=3g[/QUOTE]

Im 1 1/2 away from Lakewood. Now when you say scuff them up "Burnout or scuff on top of the rim where the tire meets the side? I know not to scuff the billet lol

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
If your gonna screw them, you may need tubes to. When I put screws in my Welds, the air pressure leaked out. I even blew all the air out of one on a launch and had to abort the run. I installed tubes and they have been sitting since last year and still have 20psi in them. Drilling them ain't so bad.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My last bogarts were drilled already when I purchased and didnt leak much at all. Maybe 1-2psi in 6months, Im gonna take my chances with not screwing them

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wish I had your old bogart. Would love to find a set of 16" fronts to try out at the next rental.
Get a hold of Nick "Hammer" he might let you borrow them, they have lots of meat left. The only thing is your would have to grind the front portion of the rear caliber some.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For fronts Josh, go with the 15s when you can. There worth it

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
Get a hold of Nick "Hammer" he might let you borrow them, they have lots of meat left. The only thing is your would have to grind the front portion of the rear caliber some.
caliPer

lol sorry Brad, just reminded me of the other thread where I thought we busted your balls enough :p haha

dry mounted & no screws on my bogarts/hoosiers.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Caliber/Caliper

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
lol next time i see you, I want to hear how you say it. Do you really pronounce it with a b? LOL!

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.