This is straight out of the Jabsco Instructions. This says to me it can be mounted basically horizontal or vertical as long as the motor is above the pump head if mounted vertically
• The Cyclone can be mounted on any flat
• The pump must be installed below the lowest
fluid level to maintain flooded suction.
• Fit pump in a dry, well ventilated position.
• Use rubber grommets provided to minimise
• If mounted vertically, ensure the motor is
above the pump head.
• Use 3/4" pipe fittings with PTFE pipe joint tape
• Plastic fittings should not be used if pump is
installed below the waterline.
Hopefully I can find some 3/4 NPT fittings locally, I know I can get some nylon fittings pretty easy just not sure why I can't use plastic fittings if below the water line? Thanks for the info bro, much appreciated!
I know you are in the middle of know where Kansas but any Home Depot or Lowes should have those fittings. Hell thats where I always go trolling for stuff like that. Wandering isles fitting together till I get exactly what I want.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.