Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, last weekend when I tried installing my motor,for whatever reason it wouldnt bolt up flush to the transmission,when i noticed this i stopped right away instead of forcing things.I beleive the torque converter was seated (it made 3 clunks),your fingers could not go between the back of the converter and the bell housing,and the measurement depth of the front of the converter to the transmission bell was bigger than the flywheel to the transmission spacer.What else could it be,or what am I over looking?

I just now pulled the converter back out and the transmission input shaft(i guess for the pump) came out with it.So I took that out of the converter and slid it back into the transmission.I then put the torque converter in and turned/pushed on it for over a half hour.This time it only fell it twice(that I could hear).Anyone have any tips would be awesome.I want to do this right this time so I dont have to pull the motor back out.

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
Look behind the seal at the pump hub drive orientation. Line the converter up with the hub.

Measure, Measure, Measure.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I took the converter out a 3rd time after reading your post,and tried to re-seat it,after about a hour of spinning,lifting and pushing in all directions on the torque converter I decided it was seated.I proceeded to drop the motor in and had to align the converter bolts to the flywheel a couple of times,but other than that,it went together like a glove.

I still have to install the 3 bolts on the passenger side motor mount(if I find a way to pull the motor and transmission forward about 1/4 inch),install the top 2 bell housing bolts and torque the transmission down to spec.Then i can start reassembly of my truck....after 2 months of being down:yikes:bananahump:idhitit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts