Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local speed shop this morning that had a dyno dynamics dynometer. I dont know how this compares number wise to my previous runs on a dynojet. No parts have been changed other than the FRPP tune and it made 361/424 before. that’s a gain of 62hp with just a tune, Amazon Racing knows what they are doing.

Attachments

·
Forged Internals, like Roses to Men
1,099 Posts
Ambient temp, Humidity, etc.. all need to be calculated in. And I am not sure on the diff between a Dynojet and the one you used. But I will say ATS knows how to tune...

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
AMAZON ROCKS!!!!! you only made those numbers before with a whipple??? Damn.....That is almost stock numbers.

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
Now send your datalog back to Rick and let him work out another 10-15 horses for ya!!!!!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The new revision feels good Rick, works perfect. Do you think I have the fuel system to handle 2 more psi? I have a 2.7 whipple pulley sitting here nudging me or do you think I am too close to the limits if it were a dynojet reading?

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
The HP numbers are great, but maybe it is just me, but the A/F seems a little to a lot lean...Also, I wonder why there isn't any change in torque...Maybe I am just reading the graph wrong.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
That A/F would bother me personally. Starting off at 11.5-11.6 (okish), dipping to 11.2-11.3 (better IMO), then rocketing back to 12.2+ towards WOT (Fuel delivery running out of steam?)?

I guess its not bad for an email tune though. Have seen worse actual dyno tunes sadly. My A/F when you hit the loud pedal stays within 11.2 to 11.3 from the bottom of the RPM range all the way to the top. Thats the way you want it, flat and consistent.

I would get some pumps and injectors in that bish ASAP though if it were me. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
466 Posts
That was just the first tune to get a baseline on the truck. The revised tune has more fuel down low. Tell the dyno guy not to run the truck up soo high. Tell him 5400 is good. I'd keep the boost where it's at and do what the guys said. Converter will really help, lighten it up and you'll get your 11 for sure.:cheers

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for chiming in, I saw how high he was running it up after on the graphs. This was the first dyno place I have been to that they did not allow me to drive my own truck. I am looking at converters now, sounds like the next mod. Thanks!

·
JTBtheSISSY thinks his cobras fast.
4,002 Posts
I am having a similar issue and have been emailing rick back and fourth and am confident that we are going to figure it out. Mine however is while Im cruising around and keeping the same rpm range my A/F will drop from 14.7 which is cruising all the way to 11.7 and im not getting into the throttle it just drops. I have to get a log of the truck doing it. I already switched out for new O2 sensors so im at a loss.

·
LSU Fan
1,311 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
12 Participants
AmazonTuning
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing