Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, earlier this week, I'm going into town and pass a highway patrol aquad. I'm doing 65 in a 55. But, he just kept going (I thought), and I continued to my turn. As I'm finishing my turn, I see him behind me with the lights a-flashin'.

Crap, I figure I'm gonna get a speeding ticket. But no, rousts me for no front plate (it's displayed in the windshield). Then he says my tint is tooo dark. I tell him it's factory (truth). He uses his tint tool and finally relents. Then he writes me up a warning ticket for the front plate AND for having a clear lexan cover over the rear plate. Says it cuts down on the reflective quality of the plate. Been running no front plate Since I got the truck new and never been stopped before.

Don't these guys have better things to do? I guess I should be thankful he said NOTHING about the speeding.

Gonna ignore the ticket. What are the odds of running into him again, and it's almost time to put the L away for winter storage.

Jim

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
welcome to mn :bigtu lol. I live up in stc and get stopped for no front plate ( its clearly displyed ( just mounted facing down on my lower valance [smilie=om ) and tint ( witch is 50% ) all the damn time. mn = sucks

·
Open hood, insert money.......
784 Posts
Why are you complaining? You only got a warning after passing a cop going over the speed limit......... You should be thankful. He sounds like a cool cop to me.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
So, earlier this week, I'm going into town and pass a highway patrol aquad. I'm doing 65 in a 55. But, he just kept going (I thought), and I continued to my turn. As I'm finishing my turn, I see him behind me with the lights a-flashin'.

Crap, I figure I'm gonna get a speeding ticket. But no, rousts me for no front plate (it's displayed in the windshield). Then he says my tint is tooo dark. I tell him it's factory (truth). He uses his tint tool and finally relents. Then he writes me up a warning ticket for the front plate AND for having a clear lexan cover over the rear plate. Says it cuts down on the reflective quality of the plate. Been running no front plate Since I got the truck new and never been stopped before.

Don't these guys have better things to do? I guess I should be thankful he said NOTHING about the speeding.

Gonna ignore the ticket. What are the odds of running into him again, and it's almost time to put the L away for winter storage.

Jim
Winner!!
but really they are just doin their job just like you do yours. it may seem pointless but most of the time its just a reason to stop you and see what your up to and if you have any drugs or anything.

·
BagsR4groceries eBay built
9,203 Posts
he cut you a break...I was speeding from an off ramp into town doing 65 in a 35 and cop busted me ....pulled me over said do you know why I pulled you over..I said No...he says you have front tinted windows( windows were open the whole time ) I said oh yeh. SO I took the tint ticket not speeding ticket. trust me he gave you a break.

·
Brick Aviator
338 Posts
Yea you got a break, be happy. Why don't you post up a few more pics of that sweet a$$ hood, top and bottom. I never was able to get in touch with that guy to see about getting one he just fell off the planet.

·
aka Nivardo
3,089 Posts
Got one last Thursday. doing 115 in a 65
just my luck, second time opening the L up a bit
there goes my tuning money sob!
TEXAS STATE TROOPERS DONT PLAY!!

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,536 Posts

#1 - considering he was just doing his job, then NO he probably doesn't have anything better to do while he's at work

#2 - he probably knew you were speeding and either didn't have it on or his vehicle isn't equipped with a speed measuring device (besides his speedometer)...

you posted it was a warning????

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Got one last Thursday. doing 115 in a 65
just my luck, second time opening the L up a bit
there goes my tuning money sob!
TEXAS STATE TROOPERS DONT PLAY!!
I'm thinking Barney Fife would have pulled you over at 50 over...Watch him if he goes for his pocket for the bullet.

·
aka Nivardo
3,089 Posts
LOL
I'm saying they don't play because I'm tying to imagine how long and how fast he was going to be able to catch up???

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea you got a break, be happy. Why don't you post up a few more pics of that sweet a$$ hood, top and bottom. I never was able to get in touch with that guy to see about getting one he just fell off the planet.
Ask and ye shall receive:

·
Brick Aviator
338 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive:

Dude if you ever get rid of it I call dibbs, even got a nice red stock hood to replace it with.

A few guys on here have ask me where to get it and that guy I believe was in Tennessee is just tuff to find.

Thanks for the pics, a few more for my collection.

·
aka Nivardo
3,089 Posts
No, it's not crewsy. I am finishing up my L though I've got the built block already and mp blower plus the supporting mods all just waiting to go on. And they will be on soon enough, buddy of mine that is going to help me is finishing up on his 70 chevelle with a 572, it's been 4 years of straight work and we hope to start it today or tomorrow, then it'll be the Ls turn in his garage. As soon as I get to about 550 hp rwhp. I'm done and starting on a 68 or preferably a 69 camaro, but we all know how hard those are to come by. I'll pm you vid of when we start the chevelle if you want. Fully built all motor 572 guaranteed 750 hp to the wheels! Per the builder or a full refund!

Love that Camaro in your av, is it yours?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
12 Participants
J.R.
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing