Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do our L's have the mirror blinker lights in them (red lense)? I followed another L last nite and seen his had them. Either mine dont work or he has aftermarket.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,675 Posts
my trucks both have 'em in the outside of the mirrors

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea thats what i was refering to..my 01 has the red lens outside the mirror but doesnt light up. so I assume its a burned bulbs or fuse

·
700/800 Club
1,370 Posts
Anyone know if they make clear replacement lenses for those lights?
Not 100% sure, probably state by state law, but I think it is illigal to make any lights pointing to the rear of the vehicle clear if the are working. It is like having a broken tail light. The clear bulb could get you a ticket. They either have to be red or yellow in Virginia anyways.

Mel

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,675 Posts
yea thats what i was refering to..my 01 has the red lens outside the mirror but doesnt light up. so I assume its a burned bulbs or fuse

probably bulbs, it's an easy job to replace 'em

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Not 100% sure, probably state by state law, but I think it is illigal to make any lights pointing to the rear of the vehicle clear if the are working. It is like having a broken tail light. The clear bulb could get you a ticket. They either have to be red or yellow in Virginia anyways.

Mel
I'm not too worried about those tiny little lights...cop would have to be a real dick to cite me for that.

All the lenses on my bike or clear or smoked...never had a problem

·
Panty Dropper
5,911 Posts
I'm not too worried about those tiny little lights...cop would have to be a real dick to cite me for that.

All the lenses on my bike or clear or smoked...never had a problem
Lenses and bulbs are two different things.. Clear lenses are stock on a lot of vehicles, but they have red bulbs for brake lights.

I think you could get away with a clear lense on the mirror, while they aren't rear facing, many vehicles (BMW, vw) have clear marker lenses on the fenders. To be safe, clear lens and yellow bulb.

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
Mine has 'em & they work. It's probably bad bulbs.

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is there a trick to getting the cover off? Ive been pulling and it feels like the cover is gonna snap off and break

·
Motor City T-Sport
1,645 Posts
is there a trick to getting the cover off? Ive been pulling and it feels like the cover is gonna snap off and break
To replace the bulbs, first start by placing the mirror in the down position. Now look in the opening between the mirror and you'll see two tabs (should be the same color as your truck), take a screw driver and lift them up. This will remove the painted part of the mirror. Replace the bulb and replace the painted part of the mirror and you're done. Sylvania Bulb #906/921 is a good replacement.

Reactions: fruhdaddy

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To replace the bulbs, first start by placing the mirror in the down position. Now look in the opening between the mirror and you'll see two tabs (should be the same color as your truck), take a screw driver and lift them up. This will remove the painted part of the mirror. Replace the bulb and replace the painted part of the mirror and you're done. Sylvania Bulb #906/921 is a good replacement.
:bigtu..thank you

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Lenses and bulbs are two different things.. Clear lenses are stock on a lot of vehicles, but they have red bulbs for brake lights.

I think you could get away with a clear lense on the mirror, while they aren't rear facing, many vehicles (BMW, vw) have clear marker lenses on the fenders. To be safe, clear lens and yellow bulb.
Yea I'd throw some stealth bulbs in there to keep them legal but the clear lenses would tie in nicely with the theme I have going for my truck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts