1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
1,473 Posts
I have gone through many different brands and makes of microfiber towels from Costco to Cobra to PakShak. I've NEVER had a prob with these scratching paint.

I have recently started using Microfiber Madness Imported from Germany. They are EXCELLENT towels. On a budget? You could start with 1 Crazy Pile & 5 BOA's
"Germany has long been known for its quality, and when it comes to microfiber towels, Microfiber Madness makes the finest in the world."

I have a few favorites...
Microfiber Madness: Crazy Pile (16" x 16") QD wipe (Five stars!)
Microfiber Madness: Yellow Fellow (16" x 24") For wax removal
MicroFiber Madness Incredimitt Wash mitt
Microfiber Madness: Dry Me Crazy (25" x 17") A drying towel

For an OUTSTANDING general purpose towel I like...
BOA (5 Pack) Super Soft Plush Microfiber Towel - 16" x 24"

When you get some of these please let us know your feedback.

Microfiber Madness: Crazy Pile (16" x 16") This is an awesome towel!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
merlin is that your company or one you work for?

·
Panty Dropper
5,911 Posts
Zaino borderless blonde.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I got some from eBay 330 gsm...pretty good.. There 16x16 yellow towels I'll look for the link

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
I steal mine from V's garage so I'm not sure what they are but he only buys the best and they work great :woohoo

Actually last time I bought them I bought a 15 Pack of microtex microfiber cleaning towels, 14" x 17". I love these friggin things :smt023

·
1,473 Posts
Merlin is that your company or one you work for?
Nope, I sell nothing!

I do detailing because I enjoy it, I'm OCD and it give me a wonderful sense of satisfaction.
I only suggest (or recommend) products that I like, that I use and that work good for me.

I only polish paint! I have spent $$$$ on machines, paint thickness gauges, products etc.
I have wasted $$$$ on bad products that did not perform as "marketed". I'm trying to help.
I like to pass on knowledge & experiences with products to be helpful to the LR community.

Quite a few of the LR folks that have stopped by & I have taught them how to polish paint.
Here's a thread My visit to Merlins Lots of Pictures Detailing traverses all makes and models.

BTW
I was just a Detail Fest and ran into over 8,000+ folks that have the same obsession I do.
I did run into one person with a BLACK lightning that is totally covered in swirls/scratches.
He asked me if I would polish his truck. I have it scheduled in 2 weeks. I will post pictures.

·
1,473 Posts
My QD towel of choice...
Microfiber Madness: Crazy Pile (16" x 16") QD wipe (Five stars!)

For general purpose towel I like...
BOA (5 Pack) Super Soft Plush Microfiber Towel - 16" x 24"
These are some of the best tools you can have in your detailing arsenal.
Please give these two towels a try and let me know your thoughts...

"The softest microfiber available, Edgeless, Tagless, Lint Free...
Equal Pile both sides, Stays soft and paint safe, wash after wash."

What does that mean? It means they do not scratch soft paint!

SIMPLE RULES:
Do NOT use fabric softener or sheets when you wash microfiber products.
Microfiber towels should only be washed with other microfiber towels.
When drying either hang dry or dry on a very very low heat cycle.
After use store, wash, and keep separate according to their task.
Never use a wheel towel and then mix it with your paint towel.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
from that same website,which microfiber towel/item would you recommend for applying wax? I see you have a towel listed for removing wax.

·
1,473 Posts
from that same website,which microfiber towel/item would you recommend for applying wax? I see you have a towel listed for removing wax.
They (and a lot of other folks) have the same yellow circular foam ones for about $2.
Although I have not used it, the Kangaroo: 6" Microfiber Hand Applicator looks best!
I have used the regular Microfiber Applicator Pad and they have worked good for me.

My pick...sight unseen...Kangaroo: 6" Microfiber Hand Applicator...Sky Line Products

·
1,473 Posts
I was just a Detail Fest and ran into over 8,000+ folks that have the same obsession I do.
I did run into one person with a BLACK lightning that is totally covered in swirls/scratches.
He asked me if I would polish his truck. I have it scheduled in 2 weeks. I will post pictures.
Last guestimate at Detail Feast 2014 was 12,000 to 15,000 folks (plus or minus 1,000)

Here is the link...Off Topic - 2002 Black Lightning Paint correction and Gloss Enhancement

Thanks for looking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts