Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kicker 4 gauge wiring on two alpine amps . Pdx 4.100 and mrx 1100 . Noticed while at the car wash smoke coming from my hood , popped the trunk melting fuse box . Any ideas on why I was listening to music loud but not for long 10 mins .

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4.100 pdx is running to alpine Type R door speakers . Mrx 1100 is running to alpine type R 10 in a thunder form box . The fuse melted on the inside as well and the wire coming through the fire wall . Basically from the middle of the fuse back . Kicker 4 gauge wiring

·
Registered
655 Posts
Heat and melting come from a bad connection. I always had problems with E fans at the fuse where they made contact, just not enough surface area for proper current flow, weak link situation. I did away with the push in type fuse and had no more issues. The heat will start at the loose connection and travel from there usually travels away from the power source towards the load from my observations.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds about right if I could be completely honest fuse just say on top of the battery . Figure with the play from not being mounted got loose . My local car audio shop had me switch over to 0 gauge wiring . And A Rockford fosgate breaker unit style fuse . Which is now mounted on the firewall . Any other suggestions you might have ?? Always happy to learn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts