Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added a LFP ported blower to my truck and was just looking for information and opinions from folks that have ported blowers. When do or after which mods, do you have to start worrying about maxing out the stock MAF? Would a 4# lower/with ported blower put you close to 5 volts? or can you tune around this issue or do  you need to get an aftermarket MAF or MAF extender? Anyone running the SCT Big Air MAF?  thanks!...Steve

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
We have a guy in are club who was running a Built Bottom end,KB,and all bolt ons. He was right at 500hp and was running stock maf. They are good up to 500hp or so. You will not see 500 with a ported blower,4lb lower. I have this setup and adding a 2.8 upper and dyno and be done till I need a built block.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
99BlackBeast said:
We have a guy in are club who was running a Built Bottom end,KB,and all bolt ons. He was right at 500hp and was running stock maf. They are good up to 500hp or so. You will not see 500 with a ported blower,4lb lower. I have this setup and adding a 2.8 upper and dyno and be done till I need a built block.
Thanks! that's the kind of info I was looking for!

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
HP has nothing to do with maxing the MAF voltage.

It all depends on how much volume the engine can suck into it.

I have datalogged lots of combinations and every single one takes the MAF to a different voltage, not much variance but enough to notice a difference.

A 4lb lower lightning will flirt with Maxing out the MAF. A 6lb lower Lightning will most likely max it out for sure.

Best thing to do is get the truck datalogged to see where your A/D counts are and that will tell you MAF voltage and then if you are maxing it out or getting close, get a MAF extender or SCT Big Meter and have your tune adjusted accordingly, it will save you big time in the longrun. I've done alot of the MAF extenders and they work well.

[email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I have datalogged lots of combinations and every single one takes the MAF to a different voltage, not much variance but enough to notice a difference.

A 4lb lower lightning will flirt with Maxing out the MAF. A 6lb lower Lightning will most likely max it out for sure.

Best thing to do is get the truck datalogged to see where your A/D counts are and that will tell you MAF voltage and then if you are maxing it out or getting close, get a MAF extender or SCT Big Meter and have your tune adjusted accordingly, it will save you big time in the longrun. I've done alot of the MAF extenders and they work well.

[email protected]
Thanks! That answers my questions! Very helpful.

·
Registered
734 Posts
With a 4 lb lower pulley and hollowed out heads with 1mm over sized valves I pegged out my MAF sensor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

[email protected]
I dynoed today to get new baseline runs with my LFP ported blower. Here are the 3 runs.
#1-93 Octane Cold weather tune
#2-93 Octane Warm weather tune
#3-93 Octane Hot Street/Race tune. dyno's enclosed:
I hope I can get more out of the tunes! We measured the MAF voltage on all 3 pulls and it peaked at 4.78 volts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts