Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody hear any result's from there today? I was unable to get off from work and couldn't attend today, might not tomorrow either!! :smt013

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Not YET
Vinnie usually calls and brings me up to Date ?
(hopefully today).....

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found this over on the nmra site. Anybody know who's who??

Compulink StarTrak DETROIT LOCKER TRUCK Qualifying for 13 entries
Low ET 9.399 1
Top Speed 143.26 1
#1: 1 9.399 at 143.26
#2: 3 9.486 at 141.24
#3: 2 10.674 at 124.37
#4: 4 10.737 at 128.86
#5: 11451 11.022 at 122.54
#6: 11124 11.17 at 119.35
#7: 11171 11.632 at 117.37
#8: 11089 11.714 at 114.97
#9: 11134 12.534 at 102.24
#10: 11452 12.606 at 109.95
#11: 7 12.685 at 96.69
#12: 11182 12.799 at 105.19
#13: 11460 17.772 at 59.79

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
I can tell you this

Charlie blew his motor and had his hand filled not flipping it :sad: :sad: :sad:
Thank God he has Wheelie Bars, Vinnie saw it and tells me a rod and freeze out plug let go,
oil and anti freeze got all over the rear tires, the truck took a violent turn to the wall, he saved it and was then in the path of the vehicle in the next lane, saved it again, and went through the traps totally sideways at @ 100 mph. Vinne said the Wheelie Bars were scraping when it was side ways and TG prevented the truck from flipping

SO SORRY CHARLIE :sad:
The main thing is he's ok, and the Truck will be back bigger and badder than before :smt026

V said the temps were extremely hot, he was once again having terrible 60ft times, even with an entire new front and rear suspension put in "just this week".

He was in the mid upper 11's
Think he said JJ was also in the 11's
Same with Tommy Lightning
no one was making any best ET's,
But Johnny did run a 10.0 (still not certified for 9's YET, so he IS NOT putting it all down)
GO JOHNNY GO!! :smt023 :smt023

Today is the real racing so he ran home to Jersey last night and borrowed Jims Slicks hoping to better his traction today ????

GO V GO...

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Captain Kohlmann 10.25 0.037 10.335 127.98 Win
Randy Henry 10.25 0.059 10.342 127.87

Quote from nmra site. #'s look like a good race! Wish i could have stayed!!

·
paranoid
4,608 Posts
they say johnny has had some problems getting his roll cage certified. i was at the place were they certify them getting my friends 66 fairlane certified for the 9 (best time 9.54) and johnny was there and they made a big stink about something. dont know what and all it was about. but go johnny go.

the kid

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
fomocofan said:
Maybe his REAR BARS weren't at 30 degrees....LOL

Oh No not that topic again, hehehehe..... :LOL

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
Johnny had no issues with his certification. The truck is certified, but he himself isnt yet. That will happen in a week or two.

He did run 10.04 and his dial for elims was 9.94.

I went three rounds but was eliminated from competition by a Ranger, I did put up a good fight however. I tree'd him with an .080 to his .106 and he played catchup the whole run... My dial was 11.51 and his was 9.24. Guess what I did???? I freakin broke out with an 11.504 to his 9.34. .006 was all I needed to win and I should have tapped the brakes at the line, but I didnt and lost. I did give them Rangers something to think about tho, 11.63 in T&T, 11.63 Rd1 Qual, and 11.61 Rd2 Qual, then took out two L's to get to the Ranger.

I was hoping to get to the Semi's because the guy that had a bye to that semi was Mark Morales, last years champ and he was doing pro stock style burnouts all weekend, they are frowned on by the NMRA, but he was allowed to do them and if I told everyone that if I met up with him in competition, I was going to do one as well.. LOL that would have been cool :D

Congrats to Keith on the win, he is a great driver and deserves it.

[email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Johnny had no issues with his certification. The truck is certified, but he himself isnt yet. That will happen in a week or two.

He did run 10.04 and his dial for elims was 9.94.

I went three rounds but was eliminated from competition by a Ranger, I did put up a good fight however. I tree'd him with an .080 to his .106 and he played catchup the whole run... My dial was 11.51 and his was 9.24. Guess what I did???? I freakin broke out with an 11.504 to his 9.34. .006 was all I needed to win and I should have tapped the brakes at the line, but I didnt and lost. I did give them Rangers something to think about tho, 11.63 in T&T, 11.63 Rd1 Qual, and 11.61 Rd2 Qual, then took out two L's to get to the Ranger.

I was hoping to get to the Semi's because the guy that had a bye to that semi was Mark Morales, last years champ and he was doing pro stock style burnouts all weekend, they are frowned on by the NMRA, but he was allowed to do them and if I told everyone that if I met up with him in competition, I was going to do one as well.. LOL that would have been cool :D

Congrats to Keith on the win, he is a great driver and deserves it.

[email protected]
How is the certification going to work JJ. Doesn't he have to make 3 nine second passes in a row? I thought I remembered that being the rules but I'm not certain. If so, does his truck have the consistency for that yet?

There was a girl at Capitol the other day and she went an 8 three passes in a row, got out of the car took the helmet off and my jaw hit the ground, sooooo hot. Then her bf walked up....sumbitch.

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
Waveblaster785 said:
How is the certification going to work JJ.  Doesn't he have to make 3 nine second passes in a row?  I thought I remembered that being the rules but I'm not certain.  If so, does his truck have the consistency for that yet?

There was a girl at Capitol the other day and she went an 8 three passes in a row, got out of the car took the helmet off and my jaw hit the ground, sooooo hot.  Then her bf walked up....sumbitch.
All he has to do is show that he can run alteast one nine. What they do is make sure he knows how to do a proper burnout, stage, go 60ft safely, then run the 1/8th safely and then run a full 1/4 in under nine seconds, then he is certified.

He already had the required physical and is just waiting for the proper time to get to a track that can certify him, most likely Cecil or Atco.

Dont worry, the truck can go three nines in a row if needed, he hasnt turned it up alot because he isnt certified yet.

Hopefully someone will post the video of what happened to Charlie, that will get alot of attention from those wanting to skirt the safety rules. [smilie=eek4.gif]

[email protected]

PS, BTW, thanks for the props on my truck over on F150.

·
Registered
5 Posts
NP man.

I couldn't remember if it was 60, 1/8th, then quarter or three full passes.

The "safety" factor is so debateable though. Should the average joe who RARELY races but wants alot of power have a full cage in their street truck? I guess it's all in what you want. I don't plan to run slicks, if MT Dr's come out in 18 I will run those, or BFG's. But until then I personally have a LONG way to go before I need a cage. Maybe if whipple would produce some blowers, or I may break down and go KB.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts