Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just if someone knows - the eagle rods state (on their site) that they use arp 2000 bolts, Manley states that they use 3/8 arp bolts.

Do the eagle rods also use 3/8 bolts or do they use 7/16?

Manley also states there rods are balanced +/- 1.5 grams, but I've " seen " that some people say that the eagles are balance closer than what the manleys are?

Thanks for any info or opinions.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
I have to DOUBLE check what we're using on mine ?
Sal said we WERE NOT using the normal Manley's, and instead using something with a diff bolt set up, which also give it a higher HP rating.

I need to speak to him soon, I'll find out and report back when I do, I'm sure interested
in knowing, GOOD POST BRO :smt023

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard that the manleys, modmax, and eagles are made by the same manufacture overseas but that they come with differnt rod bolts (which i guess a person could have upgraded, etc.)

However I can get the manleys or the eagles for pretty much the same price so thats why I'm curious about the rods. Manley does say (on their site) that they use arp bolts they just don't say wether there arp 2000 or not. (maybe not a biggie but if the price is the same I'd rather get the better rod for the money)

Rob are your rods the manley pro series i-beam rods?- they have 7/16 arp 2000 cap screws and are rated at 750 + hp @8500 rpm (manley site)

The h-beam manleys are rated at 700hp @8000 rpm. - with 3/8 cap screws - they dont say they are arp2000's like they do for the i beams, which is why I think they have a lower quality bolt than the eagles - correct me if i am wrong.

From the looks of it the i-beams would be the strongest but more than likely cost the most money ( I'm sure they would as manley says they make them inhouse which I'm sure would cost more than having them done overseas)

Has anyone ever heard of breaking an h-beam? (or bend, etc) I've read of many a 10 sec L running the h-beams so they should more than suffice for my meager goals.

Thanks again for any info/input

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm an odd duck I suppose cause I like eagle products. Spent a fair amount of time last weekend at PRI looking at all the mfgs of internals. Eagle quality on rods and cranks looked top notch IMO.

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts