Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i just picked up a ported m122 and im wondering if there is a hp difference in the johnny plate and tps plate. Also wondering what throttle body are you guys using and what intakes. Will a steeda gt500 intake fit in the lightning? Thinking of using the whipple mechanical gt500 throttle body and steeda intake with a slot maf.

·
Spanking Viper Trucks
2,119 Posts
Subscribing because I have an M122 coming.

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
JPS plate is a better product for a number of reasons. Read my post in the current group buy thread.

My setup:

JPS midplate
Joker ported M122, stock 3.0 upper pulley
Roush F150 blower elbow
JPS Monster throttle body adapter
170mm Monster throttle body
Siliconeintakes.com coupler, 90* 4" aluminum pipe, coupler
BA2400 maf
Open filter
6lb lower pulley

Stock heads/cams, built bottom, 9:1, longtubes, 3" catless exhaust, truck makes 20psi by 5500rpms in 100* heat....I will be dropping to a 4lb lower come winter
Gotta love more power, less pulley.

Eventually I'll redo the intake with a monster setup, slit maf and some type of ram air setup.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made 496 rwhp with a stock ported eaton, frsb, ported pi heads, stage 2 comp cams and a lfp sbtb lets see what the ported m122 swap will make

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
Much more. Anxious to see the numbers. I dont have a good local dyno or the spare funds for a session atm.

Slightly better displacement, but the biggest thing is rear fed and more volume available.
From the 112 rotors to the filter...the intake on the lightning is terribly restrictive.
I picked up 3psi when switching from a L Tbody to the 170 on my 122.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
stock long block...self ported m122..stock upper. 4lb lower.. LT.. lightning sbtb...
on e85 made 501hp 572tq.. see about 16 psi and 17* timing ...

i don't feel the flat spot people say about taylors plate but then again i don't run an aggressive pulley combo .

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
On my test truck, nothing changed but swapped from tps plate to my plate 5hp and 20tq.

On a tvs it was almost 60tq gain and like 20hp

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Interested in this swap as well. Been out of the Lightning modding game for awhile, but I've always been intrigued with the m122 swaps.

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Will a jlt cold air intake from a 07-09 gt500 fit?
Yes if you ditch the airbox or relocate the coolant overflow.
I'm running a complete 2010 gt500 stock cai on my personal truck

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Interested in this swap as well. Been out of the Lightning modding game for awhile, but I've always been intrigued with the m122 swaps.
Doing a group buy now so best time to get in on it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts