Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Silver is the fastest color
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday inthe pourin rain I bumped a curb at the bank drive threw and slit my side wall onmydrag radial... my mechanic is across the street so I limp over ..... we putthe locking lug key on and it snaped ...

now do they sell a replacemnt key for the locking lugs or do I have to buy a new set?? Andwere can I get em ... I'm driving on 4 lugs on my backright soany help is appricated...because I need it fixed by sat so ican go down the shore withmy jetski

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
If they are factory ford (mcgard) locks, then you can call Mcgard and get a replacement lock. They will ask you to take a close up picture of the pattern and email it to them. Then they will sell you a new key for about 20 bucks.

What kind of Jetski to you have? I miss mine, sold it a few years ago....

·
Silver is the fastest color
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they are factory ford (mcgard) locks, then you can call Mcgard and get a replacement lock. They will ask you to take a close up picture of the pattern and email it to them. Then they will sell you a new key for about 20 bucks.

What kind of Jetski to you have? I miss mine, sold it a few years ago....
Thanx krist!! So much... I have a seadoo xp its a rocket ship.. I bought it not running andwenton seadoo forums and found outthis thing is worked!! Its bored overnew head evrythung is blueprintedand ported ... I was out on the ski last sat and I wwas doin 70 like nothing I was scared ofit lol.. I made a post about it

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
^^^^

What Josh said. In the meantime... you could take it to Ford and have them use the master key set to at least remove that one locking nut.

Key number should be stamped on the side of the key itself.

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
Thanx krist!! So much... I have a seadoo xp its a rocket ship.. I bought it not running andwenton seadoo forums and found outthis thing is worked!! Its bored overnew head evrythung is blueprintedand ported ... I was out on the ski last sat and I wwas doin 70 like nothing I was scared ofit lol.. I made a post about it
Thats the same ski I had, it was a blast. Mine was 2001 XP and it hit 70mph stock. I live right next to the Delaware river and I hear them zipping by all the time and it makes me miss mine.

·
Armchair Athlete
806 Posts
^ Every key is different.

Like Ride The said. Go to your local Ford Dealer. If you don't have the original package for your wheel locks McGard can take forever, if you have the original package it's easy. You dealer will give you the key number to reorder as well.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If its the standard crappy McGard locks, you can also typically use a "sacrificial socket". I just did this last weekend since I also have a failed key: In my case, I hammered a 1/2" 12-point 21mm socket on the lock and had no problems getting them off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.