Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a bone stock 01 lightning and im looking for lowering kits for it, however, im finding it hard to acquire the drop that i want with the kits that are on the market today.

trying to avoid a c notch, i believe im looking for a 3/4 drop..... something that looks like the pic that i tied in below.

Also not trying to sacrifice ride quality.

i was thinking about doing the belltech kit (2” lowering spindles) and adding belltech lowering spings for the other 1 inch;
BUT, the rear only drops 3” so i dont know how to get the last inch for a true 3/4..... this is where im lost
so: no c notch, good ride quality, truck still able to be aligned while being dropped.

Lets hear what you guys can brew up for me.
thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
The picture you posted is a 4/6 which is gonna cost money and probably needs a notch. This is my truck at 2/4ish which is V6 front springs with cut coil, fiberglass leaf springs and drop shackles. Ride is ok but my shocks suck.

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
2,989 Posts

2004 with Belltech spindles with OE springs and isolators in place. Turning radius is diminished over stock but not that noticeable.

Belltech hangers with JLP shackles on OE leafs.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts

·
BagsR4groceries eBay built
9,625 Posts
Anything past 4” in the rear you’ll need a c notch for a good ride. You can do 5” in the rear but you will hit frame on big dips in the road and have a shitty ride

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I will also note that running Stifflers long bars may require some cutting to get them to mount correctly depending on how low you go.

·
The abandoner
3,488 Posts
So i have a bone stock 01 lightning and im looking for lowering kits for it, however, im finding it hard to acquire the drop that i want with the kits that are on the market today.

trying to avoid a c notch, i believe im looking for a 3/4 drop..... something that looks like the pic that i tied in below.
View attachment 541839

Also not trying to sacrifice ride quality.

i was thinking about doing the belltech kit (2” lowering spindles) and adding belltech lowering spings for the other 1 inch;
BUT, the rear only drops 3” so i dont know how to get the last inch for a true 3/4..... this is where im lost
View attachment 541840 so: no c notch, good ride quality, truck still able to be aligned while being dropped.

Lets hear what you guys can brew up for me.
thanks!
that was my first truck. spindles/lower arms and flip kit and 1" shackle. mandatory notch.
lower arms and hanger/shackle will get you pretty close where you want to be.

·
Registered
409 Posts

2/4 Roush Drop

1 - 13 of 13 Posts