Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 with stock springs, lowering shackles and hangers. Sits low, but not to crazy, stock 18's and I still have about 2 inches above the tire. As you can see the driveshaft has rubbed the underside of the brace on the back of the cab. Id like to add bump stops to prevent this, or if you have other ideas, for those lowered, I am open to suggestions. In the pic the truck is on a lift, not a drive on.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I'd say lower the front. add shims to the rear to give pinion angle correct for the driveshaft and report back.

·
local painter
2,865 Posts
Grab an air saw or cut off fiber wheel and notch that brace out a bit.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
actually, what brace you referring to? do you hear the rubbing noise?

front looks high for having spindles and springs. who did the install? just saying maybe something was done incorrectly. I have bell tech hangars, JLP adjustable shackles and I've never rubbed(LOL) the brace like you have.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I was just under my truck earlier looking at the exhaust and couple other things. my DS doesn't come close to rubbing(LOL) on anything.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only place mine is close is at the back of the cab, as you can see above the mark on the driveshaft. With the truck on the ground its obviously closer than in the pic here.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
yes. either cut stock bump stops or got to pep boys, auto zone, etc to get shorter ones for front/rear. I should've taken a picture of mine when I was under the truck. I don't have the hitch, or the spare tire under the truck so it's easy for me to slide under the truck from the rear. spare tire is the bed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My hitch receiver is gone also but I still can't fit under lol. Gotta get it up on ramps

·
Registered
580 Posts
Have you check ur pinion angle? If it is up 2 much it might cause ur drive shaft to be high.? Idk. Just throwin out ideas. The front of the rear end sld be just below level with the ground. Can yiu take a pic of it from the rear forward like this? And a side shot of the rear end.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ill get a fw more pics up. Pinion is properly shimmed, Was previously nose down and its properly positioned now. Your pic will be helpful however, as a comparison. Thank you. what year is your truck? Does it have the larger driveshaft?

·
11 second street truck
10,335 Posts
A lot of guys hit that cross member. It needs notched. You should already have bump stops....

·
Registered
580 Posts
Ill get a fw more pics up. Pinion is properly shimmed, Was previously nose down and its properly positioned now. Your pic will be helpful however, as a comparison. Thank you. what year is your truck? Does it have the larger driveshaft?
Mine is an 03. Stifflers Ca upper and lower in front. No iso. Rear has belltech springs and eibach drop shackles. Kine has the aluminum ds

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
OP. I'd install shorter bump stops and shorter rear shocks. if it's still bottoming out raise the shackle one hole higher. if that doesn't work then C-notch. that's about all that can be done.

·
11 second street truck
10,335 Posts
OP. I'd install shorter bump stops and shorter rear shocks. if it's still bottoming out raise the shackle one hole higher. if that doesn't work then C-notch. that's about all that can be done.
He's not hitting where bump stops or shocks will help. He's hitting the back of the cab on the driveline. It's super common. The bracket there needs notched.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts