Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fokls,

I have a 2002 Lightning and need the lower tailgate trim for it. I have the piece that came off the truck and have the part number but cant find a new one with the same number.

Do you know where i should start looking for a new piece?

Thanks

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,114 Posts
Should be able to get one at any salvage yard in your area, off of any equivalent year F-150. Doesn't even have to be off a flair side, the tail gate is the same for all F-150's.

·
Likes the corn brew
5,338 Posts
Should be able to get one at any salvage yard in your area, off of any equivalent year F-150. Doesn't even have to be off a flair side, the tail gate is the same for all F-150's.
Incorrect, the flareside and supercrews have a narrower tailgate that is different from the styleside trucks. Any supercrew or flareside is ok though.

·
11,114 Posts
Incorrect, the flareside and supercrews have a narrower tailgate that is different from the styleside trucks. Any supercrew or flareside is ok though.
I stand corrected. Guess I may have been thinking of the Super Crew though. Neighbor had one, and the tailgate had the same width dimension. Just thought they were all the same, as most companies go to great lengths to use one part for as many applications as possible, to reduce costs.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I got mine off of ebay for about $35. I just searched for f150 tailgate trim oem and found one for $36

·
9 second club
735 Posts
also we have the same tailgate as a sport track.so that one would work as well.

·
11,114 Posts
When I did all the steps on mine, I also removed the lower trim and had it painted Oxford White to match everything else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts