ID 42mm
Height 10mm
I'll ask JC if he can make some..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Update:

I checked to make sure the pulley was centered and all a few more times and it’s still the same issue as mentioned before. Took some measurements and it’s not possible to mount the pulley on the other side (noted for anyone considering it).

Removed both idlers and the one on the bridge by the tensioner is definitely bad and the other is dragging a little. Not sure if that would move the belt that much off the bottom pulley but I’m going to replace them and see.

·
Registered
2002 Black Ford Lightning
71 Posts
The belt part number in your picture is K080675hd. That shows as being 68" inches long. The belt size for a #4 lower and stock upper is supposed to be 67.5" inches. That small amount might be the problem... just thought I mentioned this

Your picture

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The belt part number in your picture is K080675hd. That shows as being 68" inches long. The belt size for a #4 lower and stock upper is supposed to be 67.5" inches. That small amount might be the problem... just thought I mentioned this
Oh really? I ordered from a site that said that’s the right belt. Could very well be the issue though.

Does anyone know what size belt or a part number for the stock upper with stock idlers and a 4lb lower?

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,303 Posts
The tensioner can accommodate that much slack.

Reactions: amaca0174

·
Registered
2002 Black Ford Lightning
71 Posts
Oh really? I ordered from a site that said that’s the right belt. Could very well be the issue though.

Does anyone know what size belt or a part number for the stock upper with stock idlers and a 4lb lower?
The tensioner can accommodate that much slack.
So I am safe with my 67.5'. I know it will be tight to get on... I'm was gonna get it on as much as possible and then jump crank the starter until it slips on 100%.
Thought that little extra 1/2 inch would make it come off. Then maybe the tensioner is bad and it's not tight enough to keep the belt on 100%

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,303 Posts
You can grind the tab on the tensioner to gain some more movement.
I have 2 oem tensioners that are good if you find it's bad.

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,303 Posts
One is ground. One is not. No they're not new.
I installed a roush tensioner. One has 100k miles but had no issues.
The other has unknown mileage. It was on a pulley bridge when I bought it

If you have an issue let me know and I'll there one in a small box and get a quote. Just pay shipping

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
My tensioner is pretty damn tight. If it should be any tighter than that then ill need more than what I have to install a belt lol. I rechecked it all again to make sure and this time I used a straight edge to check from the tensioner to the 4lb lower and it is definitely off a hair. The 4lb lower is out about 3/16". I have someone that is going to machine it down just a little and ill try again after the new tensioner pulleys go on

21 - 40 of 54 Posts