Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Big Dck Playa
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, well im having this problem that i cant stand anymore, the truck runs nice (just one issue with maxing out the fuel pumps, that will be fixed). On first gear, from a digg, this thing is slowwww! my stock boost gauge says its making the boost, but im not feeling on the assdyno, as soon as it hits second gear, this shit takes off [smilie=3g so im not sure where to start? is their too much restriction and maybe need longtubes? i tried brake boosting and still, no take off :smt102 the nittos spin but keep in mind im WOT all the way... i thought i needed a driver mod, since ive never driven a car with heavy cams, but no, no progress being made... what should i start with? i called Rick at amazon a while back, he said everything seems fine... :smt100

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
are your cams too aggressive??

also running lean (maxed fuel pumps) can allow it to run like crap...

what timing are you running in your street tune??

·
Registered
880 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
If you are running cams with more overlap than stock, which it sounds like you are describing, you torque curve is indeed going to change...Your cams are designed to make more power in the higher RPM range of the curve...A looser converter will help you a little on the launch, but everything that you do cam wise is a compromise.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i had the same problem, i called circle d for a torque converter and my problem was fixed. best mod ever. well other than the built motor and whipple!

·
Big Dck Playa
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i put cams in the build bcuz i wanted to rhat top end, but i didnt think i would sacrafice low end... so a tourque converter will help? even without stalling it?

·
Dr Evil.....BWUAHAHAHAHA
20,401 Posts
Ask Chris at Circle D about the 2600-2800 stall....I have one in mine...I also have larger cams in mine on my MMR 900 motor...the 278 AHA comp cams...

Makes a huge difference too..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts