Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have a 2003 DSG Ford lightning with basic bolt ons cai, 6lb lower & cat back exhaust dual 255 Walbro tune trucks feels good and strong but when I floor it at (Wot) it only produces 11/12 of boost and feels hesitant it feels like it loses power the powers there and wanting to kick in but something is not allowing it and is restricting it from kicking in.

And before when I would floor it WOT you could here the supercharger whine and kick in right away and
It would produce 15/16lb of Boost superchargers belt doesn’t seem to be slipping I have a idler pulley kit as well I also recently changed out the boost actuator because I was told it could be that but no seems to be doing the same thing any one come across a similar problem to mine? (Any thoughts or ideas to what it could be or what else I should look into thanks in advance )

·
AntiSocial
721 Posts
Have you checked the compression? There’s blowoff somewhere, gotta figure out where.

·
Dude
2,274 Posts
What about the inter cooler pump

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have a 2003 DSG Ford lightning with basic bolt ons cai, 6lb lower & cat back exhaust dual 255 Walbro tune trucks feels good and strong but when I floor it at (Wot) it only produces 11/12 of boost and feels hesitant it feels like it loses power the powers there and wanting to kick in but something is not allowing it and is restricting it from kicking in.

And before when I would floor it WOT you could here the supercharger whine and kick in right away and
It would produce 15/16lb of Boost superchargers belt doesn’t seem to be slipping I have a idler pulley kit as well I also recently changed out the boost actuator because I was told it could be that but no seems to be doing the same thing any one come across a similar problem to mine? (Any thoughts or ideas to what it could be or what else I should look into thanks in advance )

I had the same thing happen to my 03'. A vacuum line behind the blower was cracked. It's a nightmare to access unless you remove the blower but ultimately a cheap fix. Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the same thing happen to my 03'. A vacuum line behind the blower was cracked. It's a nightmare to access unless you remove the blower but ultimately a cheap fix. Good luck!
That’s what I’m think that I have a vacuum leak but don’t know from where the line seems good and to be connected where they should. How were you able to determine it was that vacuum line if u don’t mind me asking got pics of more info tia

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you checked the compression? There’s blowoff somewhere, gotta figure out where.
No I haven’t wouldn’t the truck misfire if I was losing compression it runs and sounds strong it’s just when u gun it supercharger takes a sec to kick in which is normal I’m assuming but when it starts picking up boost and about to whine the stalls at around 11/12lbs of boost

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you are still having issues and you think it is a vacuum leak, you may want to check the gasket between blower midplate and the lower intake manifold. I was chasing a mystery leak a few years ago and found that the seal on the back of the mid-plate (closest to the fire wall) was busted. You can use carb cleaner to spray in the area where you think a leak might be. If there is a leak, you will hear a fairly drastic change in the idle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts