Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all ,i've been on lightning rodder for over ten years . in person i'm not a big talker so i don't post much either. but my lightning journey started when i called my dad and told him to talk me out of buying this black lightning i had seen driving by on the way to work. he told me [ lifes to short , if your hearts into it buy it] he's been by my side the entire time there was anything we could modify ourselves .the past two weeks we thought he just had the pneumonia but they had to remove one and half liter of fluid from his lung that turned out to be full of cancer and spread everywhere. on 12-30-19 he passed and on there anniversary of 56 years 1-4 he was laid to rest with military honors. i share this knowing that most wont know me but i've read most posts for those ten years and feel as if i know most of the great lightning community that has help us with my truck thru the years, my truck will go in my will to my awesome grandson in hopes it will remind him of the good times we all shared.thank wildtrk. semper fi dad

·
local painter
2,910 Posts
Sorry for your loss. You are blessed to have had so many years to build memories. Condolences

Reactions: wildtrklightning

·
Administrator
18,342 Posts
I had my Dad at almost every track day that I ran. Lost him 3 years ago and running the truck will never be the same again.

Prayers for you and family and friends. Maybe our fathers are watching the drag races beyond...

Jim

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Sir,
Please don't take this the wrong, but while you are in pain, your post was simply awesome. Packed full of love and respect for your Dad. Must have been one hellova guy because he raised a damn fine son !

Keith

·
Registered
743 Posts
I sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers to you and your family during these hard times. Try and reflect on the good times, lean on your family and friends. I'm glad your dad got his military honors, and thank you for your dads service.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,148 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I know the feeling, my Dad passed July 2018. My Mother February 2001.

1,578 Posts
I’m so very sorry for your loss ,if you don’t mind I would like to write you something and post it on LR ,if you Wouldn’t mind giving me your name ,if not i could text it to you, this is my cell # (609) 731-1265* Again I’m truly sorry As I lost my wife to cancer in 2012 and the Holidays are the saddest time for me, stay strong *
you can call or text me 24/7* uncle Frank *

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m so very sorry for your loss ,if you don’t mind I would like to write you something and post it on LR ,if you Wouldn’t mind giving me your name ,if not i could text it to you, this is my cell # (609) 731-1265* Again I’m truly sorry As I lost my wife to cancer in 2012 and the Holidays are the saddest time for me, stay strong *
you can call or text me 24/7* uncle Frank *
hey uncle frank my name is scott hamilton, cancer is horrible , the hardest part was the pain my mom is going thru and feeling helpless to fix it.

1,578 Posts
Hi Scott ,sorry to meet you under These circumstances, I know how your mom feels as I have been down that road for 5 long torturous year’s, your mom must keep Busy, my lightnings did that for me, Especially secretariat, my heart goes out to your mom, and of course you and your family, what is you mom’s name, and if you need to talk, my phone is open for you and your mom 24/7* and I’m not just saying it, i mean it* I will be writing to you soon* please stay strong for your mom*

1 - 20 of 32 Posts