Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Static...Switches r 4 Bitches
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys.

I recently installed a few mods on the truck, and I need to get it tuned.

I did receive an email tune based on the mods that I currently have (Not that I don't trust it/who wrote the tune) I would just feel much safer and much happier with a dyno tune written for my truck.

I live in South Florida (Miami) I don't want to drive super far for a tune, But I will if I have to for a good tuner/shop.

I would prefer it be someone who tunes Lightning's specifically.

I know of mustang specialties, but one of my buddies doesn't exactly agree with the owner and how he runs the shop.

Lmk if you guys know or can tune my truck for me.

-Tim (954) 812 1913

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
Same here with me about email tunes, Id rather trust an actual dyno tune. About how far are you from Daytona/Deltona? There are Lamotta Perf and VMP that tune Lightnings and modular Mustangs

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
send leach a pm he knows how to get in contact with kevin. if kevin cant do it go with a JDM email tune. i used to think dyno tune all the time , but Jim nailed my tune through email. A/f is little fat still but other than that everything is spot on. i took mine to eric brooks shop and put on the dyno and didnt have to change anything. kevin comes down to florida couple times a year or so from what fred told me before.

·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
send leach a pm he knows how to get in contact with kevin. if kevin cant do it go with a JDM email tune. i used to think dyno tune all the time , but Jim nailed my tune through email. A/f is little fat still but other than that everything is spot on. i took mine to eric brooks shop and put on the dyno and didnt have to change anything. kevin comes down to florida couple times a year or so from what fred told me before.
I actually am contemplating on just going with an email tune. Seeing as I am not "Built" yet and dont want to drop like $400 on a tune and than pop my motor re-build and have to drop another $600 for a really good tune.

Would you suggest JDM or Amazon... Don't be biased either :p

You can PM him http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/member.php?u=2486
You won't regret it.
Kev is on top of his game.
Thanks man.

·
Registered
982 Posts

·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll be giving them a call 2morrow. I had my truck stall out on me yesterday.

It happens only when I'm giving it throttle, mostly cruising threw the city at low rpms... I'll be giving it gas and have to let off quickly and the rpms drop fast. It stalled just yesterday coming into my neighborhood.

So i'd say I need a tune badly. Also after she shifts into 3rd at about 80ish, it feels like she falls on her face...

About how much do they charge?

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
I changed tuners this year for the first time since 2000. It's a very hard decision and you picked the same two that I had to decided between. Tunes make or break a truck! I had been using Shit-dyno(aka something else) and they almost killed my built motor. I chose Rick at Amazon Tuning Solutions! Do your homework on any tuner you choose!!! Both are very good tuners from all the research I did. Pm me for details or links. It was the hardest decision I've had to do with my truck. Rick @ Amazon tuned my Heaton HD truck to 519/566 on a safe street tune in 98* heat.

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
i chose JDM and dont regret it a bit. i have a solid built and tuned 10sec truck, but other things are holding me back. i have stock suspension and used slicks, but until the $$ tree grows ill have to make do with what i have. i still have alot to figure out as ive only made 5 passes on new build. Ive met Jim Sr. and Jim Jr. in person at this years NMRA race in commerce Ga and they were very helpful and cool to hang out with.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
isnt there a good SCT tuner down here in south florida somewhere? in palm beach or something? I'm still leery of a email tune with my truck with all the stuff i've taking off and relocated, rather have someone actually look at the truck and see first hand what i've done. not to mention i've been doing all my own servicing for the past few years, and i'm no mechanic lol

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
isnt there a good SCT tuner down here in south florida somewhere? in palm beach or something? I'm still leery of a email tune with my truck with all the stuff i'm taking off and relocated, rather have someone actually look at the truck and see first hand what i've done.
i use to think the samething until i ripped off a 7.28 in the 1/8th on street tune pump gas and spun the rim in the slick lol on a JDM email tune

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.