Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Flying Brick
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to buy one for my Lightning. I had an X3 but I wasn't able to use the most up to date Livelink software to datalog on it so I married the X3 to my diesel ECM so need one for the Lightning and just trying to see how much cheaper I can get a used one (that has unlocks left on it) rather than buy a new one.

Anyone have one they wanting to get rid of? If they are near the same price used as they are new then obviously I'll just buy new. Was hoping might be able to save a bit of money

·
Flying Brick
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
you can find them on Ebay for $300
Yeah $320 new from a few sellers. Figured someone might be selling one on here for 200-250 used or something though and I'm all about saving money.. Don't care if it's beat up, or scratched or whatever. I just need it to hold all my tunes and run a wideband on one of the analog inputs.

A little annoyed and wished I could just buy another old X3 Like I've already got but it doesn't worked right with the most up to date SCT LiveLink Software last I remember. Stuck using an older, uglier, clunkier version of the SCT cataloging software and maybe it's dumb but I want the nice pretty customizable new version, Heh. Plus since I own the SCT Advantage software, it'll be nice to have more than 3 tunes loaded at once to play with. In a perfect world I'd only have to have one device to load tunes on both my vehicles but I guess SCT needs my money more. I think HP tuners does something like that don't they where you don't need a handheld device for each car and rather just buy a credit or something for each additional car you want to tune regardless of who owns it.. SCT should do something like this.

You listening to this SCT? (probably not)

Or buy mine������ lol
What kind of deal you going to give me? ;) how many unlocks are left on it. Definitely don't want to pay SCT the $150 or whatever the current price is now to unlock it.

·
Flying Brick
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Oh and I jus seen this. Is this something new that works on Lightnings? This is more appealing because of it's size.
Couldnt care less about dataloging directly on the X4's LCD screen since I have a laptop mounted on a stand that runs SCT LiveLink and Advantage 24/7 for that.. It holds 5 tunes which is manageable and can easily switch tunes. Only thing I don't see is if i can accept inputs such as a wideband to include when logging everything else which would be a deal breaker unless theres another way to log this from my AEM wideband which is currently hooked up from a 3.5mm jack to a Firewire cable that plugs into the X3/X4 and added as an analog signal into the livewire

This switch chip would be the ideal solution if it atleast does a wideband and works on my truck and shit's probably cheaper too since there isn't much to it.

http://www.sctflash.com/products.php?PID=31&VID=

·
Flying Brick
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For a new one, try http://4wheelonline.com/SCT_Performance_Electronics.98375. They will try to beat the competitor's price sometimes.
Thanks I'll keep them in mind. I found a used one online with 3 unlocks left that he was asking 250 + 8 shipping for but had an option to make an offer so I made an offer it for 225 shipped. We'll see if he takes it. The next cheapest I found is $297 shipped which is for a new one. Don't really care about it being new just want it cheap So we'll see.. So long as it's unmarried with some unlocks..

·
Flying Brick
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can go ahead and close this. I ended up finding a X4 and buying from eBay for $220 shipped with 3 unlocks left so I'm good. Maybe now I can finally get this lightning back running.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts