Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good afternoon,

I am new to this forum, although I have always been a fan of the Lightnings since they came out, I just recently began my professional career and now that I have the means I am looking into buying a lightning. I am by no means an automotive expert, I just know the basics. Anyway, there is a lightning in McAllen Texas that is, in my opinion fairly priced due to the year and the mods it has. I guess my question would be since it has mods, what are the dangers or red flags I should look for if I consider buying this truck, is there anything I can do to make sure the truck is running the way it should? if someone could provide opinion, insight, or expertise I would greatly appreciate it. here is a list of the mods it has on it and the link to the sale of the lightning, once again thank you for reading this post.

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5214089954.html

122XXX MILES
MOTOR BORED 0.30
STAGE 3 CROWER CAMS
#6 PULLEY
SINGLE BLADE TB
DOUBLE SPRINGS
PORTED HEADS & SUPERCHARGER
SCT CHIP
SCT MAF SENSOR
#60 INJECTORS
WALBRO 255LBS FUEL PUMP
FORGED PISTONS & RINGS
TUNED BY SANOLI
HIGH VOLUME OIL PUMP
NGK SPARKS
HEADERS & FLOWMASTERS
20" REPLICA RIMS 90% TIRES
NEW HEADLIGHTS AND FOG LIGHTS, CLEAN PAINT.

·
"01 Fastblack"
320 Posts
The truck looks fairly priced and sounds like some good mods. What you need to decide is if you want a truck with a built motor or just some bolt on mods. Trucks with built motors tend to need a certain amount of tinkering and if you like to go to the track and are ready to spend some money go for it, but if your just a stoplight racer(like me) you will probably be happier with just some bolt on's or maybe even stock. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the mods it currently has, you think the motor will hold up with the current mods it has? I don't plan on doing anything to radial to it, if I do get it.

Thanks for the input grease lightning.

·
"01 Fastblack"
320 Posts
I like the mods it currently has, you think the motor will hold up with the current mods it has? I don't plan on doing anything to radial to it, if I do get it.

Thanks for the input grease lightning.
No way to really tell unless you take the truck to a shop and have it checked out, if you can't do that I would test drive listen for anything that sounds weird and don't be afraid to punch it through the gears and test that motor that what it was built for right. He should not have a problem with that unless something was wrong with it. That being said it is still a bit of a gamble, hope this helps

·
Registered
151 Posts
Seems like a great price to me,id find out why it sat for a year that seems odd

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems like a great price to me,id find out why it sat for a year that seems odd

He said he doesn't drive it much since he works out of state or something like that. I was really thinking about going down and seeing it but I decided to put purchasing an L on the backburner, I started thinking about responsibilities and it started making me think. Anyway, thanks for the input man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts