Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing all of these clean trucks at the track I feel the need for a good detail. I would rather use someone that is recommended by one of you guys that have used him. So, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
My brother is right around the corner from you and though you never met him, he is VERY good at that sort of thing. He used to deal for Zaino and worked at a paint shop doing their detail work. He has all the tools and waxes to do it right. I don't know if he is interested or what he charges, but I can ask.

·
Premium Member
25,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool! Derek just let me know when you find out. It has little surface scratches everywhere. Just needs some TLC. And I promise to get a nice car cover too so I can keep it nice. :)

Caleb, have you buffed out scratches n stuff or just worked on newer paint?

This is when I wish I didn't have a black truck.

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
Caleb, have you buffed out scratches n stuff or just worked on newer paint?

This is when I wish I didn't have a black truck.
Yea man I buff out scratches and scuffs. I recently detailed my uncles black sierra and I hear what your saying about black vehicles, they can be a pain. But with patience they're the best looking when they're cleaned up.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Go to autogeek.com and buy yourself a porter cable. They have everything you need to do it yourself! Meguiar's 105 will take out most surface scratches - just don't over do it, it will burn through the clear coat and paint.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I am only allowed an orbital, you got to know how to use a circular with which you can burn paint quick.

·
Back In A Big Boy Truck
5,395 Posts
I wonder what he would charge to do my silver single can Ranger?

Wayne

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know its probably too late but i used to work at a body shop in br. We would use a guy named joe when we had a really important vehicle that needed to be perfect. Heis off airline near ceadercrest beind rock n roll motors. We had good in house guys, but joe was unbelievable. Ill hunt for his #.his business name was joes detailing.

·
LSU Fan
1,311 Posts
ANDREW !!!! he has is own shop at codys.. he has that Z06 he does all his cars and people who run through there... High end cars. good prices tell him i sent ya he will hook ya up or i can tell him if ya go that way

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.