Lightning Rodder banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hmmmm.... did you ice it down? Man i would think with that much HP the MPH should be way higher.... just my thaughts...maybe it started pulling timing on the top end.... did you get an data logs?
Good luck on your ten quest either way!!!!
Yes definitely iced down. It doesn’t help I drove it to the track tho. Elevation is a bitch man. And the DA is even worse. Plus my trucks is super heavy. My next project will be weight reduction. I did not log but I felt timing being pulled up top. Tonight is the night for another try!

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
11,945 Posts
Well, how was the track last night, did you get that 10 second time slip?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
^^^What he said!!

·
Registered
812 Posts
I’ll talk to my tuner. I would really like for Eric Korn to tune my truck but it’s impossible getting ahold of him. Lucky for you you are at sea level. That helps a lot! I’m also looking to spray a 75-100 shot. That should put me north of 900HP+ which I think is to much already unless I was darton sleeved.

What does your local pump ethanol read? Mines always at E77-E80. I have a Fire Innovations ethanol percentage gauge in my truck.
Local pump comes out usually around 82% . I got flex fuel on my gen 1 but have been looking for an ethanol content gauge for the gen 2.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
well last night was not so great! I actually went slower with a higher MPH this time! Went 122. My sixty ft was total BS lol. Truck kept spinning. I made sure to do a good burnout. Did a 2.1! Truck was just not hooking at all… and i only had 1 run because I waited to long while spectating.

I think it’s my tire… I can’t hook with the Mickey Thompson pro radial ET Street 315/60R15. Was on 13PSI.

I remember 2 years ago with 15in race stars on a Hoosier slick I was hooking way better! Going to be buying a set soon. I also need more seat time at the track. I usually don’t go as often but now I’m dead hooked on getting a 10! I know my truck can do it. Just need to get a good setup to work. I’ll post a video link

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Trial and error. We live and learn.
Good luck on your quest!

Reactions: NMSVT

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
13psi tire pressure seems way too low. I would try 18-21psi. How is track prep? This is my pb run with 20-21psi in the tires.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
13psi is too low, I shoot for 20-21psi.
Track temp and prep need to be good.
Take the front sway bar off to help with weight transfer.
Marty definitely knows what he is talking about!

·
UBNSTRK
121 Posts
Suspension is what you need too work on. You have plenty of power to run 9s.What shocks are you running? I run single qa1s up front set at 5. Jdm front springS. Stifflers upper and lower control arms. No sway bar. I have double adjustable shocks in the rear. Set at 9 compression and 15 rebound. I do have Stifflers bars and an anti roll bar. I’m able to go 1.5s on a stock 18 lightning wheel Width 305/45/18 Et street R. Ran 10.59 at 127. Engine is a .010over 5.4 trickflow head 2.8 Kenne bell on e85. 20psi of boost 4700lbs with me in it. It made 764 to the tire. This Is the street tune. The race tune will be more timing and boost. I’m going to try to go 9s on this shell and tire combo. You can do it, Good Luck

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
13psi tire pressure seems way too low. I would try 18-21psi. How is track prep? This is my pb run with 20-21psi in the tires.
I will have to up the PSI. Been told already a couple times lol.

i would guess track prep was decent? Don’t know much about that. All I know is my truck spins a lot but multiple factors to consider. I thought with 800HP+ easy 10s but everyone forgets I live high up in the sky.

And also nice run man! I need to focus on losing weight

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
13psi is too low, I shoot for 20-21psi.
Track temp and prep need to be good.
Take the front sway bar off to help with weight transfer.
I already have the front sway and rear off. I’m going to need to buy Stifflers lower and upper control arms and maybe there coil overs. Just so I have a true 2in drop as my current spindles limit me running only an 18in wheel or bigger up front. I have a 15 in bogart that needs tires to run up front! That would help me remove the heavy ass 20s

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Suspension is what you need too work on. You have plenty of power to run 9s.What shocks are you running? I run single qa1s up front set at 5. Jdm front springS. Stifflers upper and lower control arms. No sway bar. I have double adjustable shocks in the rear. Set at 9 compression and 15 rebound. I do have Stifflers bars and an anti roll bar. I’m able to go 1.5s on a stock 18 lightning wheel Width 305/45/18 Et street R. Ran 10.59 at 127. Engine is a .010over 5.4 trickflow head 2.8 Kenne bell on e85. 20psi of boost 4700lbs with me in it. It made 764 to the tire. This Is the street tune. The race tune will be more timing and boost. I’m going to try to go 9s on this shell and tire combo. You can do it, Good Luck
Nice truck man and numbers! I know I have the power engine/trans combo down but yes definitely I will be working on suspension ASAP!

I run single adjustable in the rears and stock springs and bilstein up front.

i am sure my truck would run a 10 at your track. My elevation is a bitch. Look at the differences.
E6182D25-A738-47C9-A5B8-66A3FBFC58AA.png
6C170E54-C337-4E2D-9962-F620DCB3CC6B.png

Vs.

22D1FED2-84BA-41FE-A4C4-44208FB5A2FA.png

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
11,945 Posts
Its about 17" from center of wheel to fender lip.
Springs are uncut, no iso and QA1 double adjustable. Stock spindles.

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,883 Posts
I think it’s my tire… I can’t hook with the Mickey Thompson pro radial ET Street 315/60R15. Was on 13PSI.

I remember 2 years ago with 15in race stars on a Hoosier slick
First of all, i dont mean this response in any way derogatory. I have ran on 315x60r15 et streets and a 28" hoosier QTP. They required dramatically different settings on my cal tracs, tires pressure and shocks. For example, i basically crushed the slicks first pass on the slicks on the first pass. We even played around with JDM drag springs and stock srings and learned how unnecessary JDM shocks were. It really woke me up to how horrible of an idea of copying someone else's set up is which is what i did for years.

With that said, maybe your tires are fine. It may other variables such as shock settings, traction bar adjustments, tire pressure etc. I have a buddy that understands how to dial in vehicles and he comes with me and it's a breeze for him. Do you have someone who can come to the track and dial in your suspension in? I have to do that since i dont understand how to as of now.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
First of all, i dont mean this response in any way derogatory. I have ran on 315x60r15 et streets and a 28" hoosier QTP. They required dramatically different settings on my cal tracs, tires pressure and shocks. For example, i basically crushed the slicks first pass on the slicks on the first pass. We even played around with JDM drag springs and stock srings and learned how unnecessary JDM shocks were. It really woke me up to how horrible of an idea of copying someone else's set up is which is what i did for years.

With that said, maybe your tires are fine. It may other variables such as shock settings, traction bar adjustments, tire pressure etc. I have a buddy that understands how to dial in vehicles and he comes with me and it's a breeze for him. Do you have someone who can come to the track and dial in your suspension in? I have to do that since i dont understand how to as of now.
I can see what you are trying to say. It definitely has to do with multiple variables and the best thing to do is find someone local who could help me dial my specific combo at the track. Track prep, weather, tire, air pressure all have to be working together for a good pass as I’ve come to learn and try to understand. I by no means live at the track and that is why it has not been as easy and getting there and running my number. It takes a lot more than power and if I end up spraying it’s just a bandaid fix. I’m definitely going to look into loosing A LOT of weight, getting my suspension components on, run my from 15in bogarts and go to the track and continue to learn with trail and error.

another thing is weight distribution. I believe that’s important and will be relocating battery and installing either a 5 gallon or 7.5 gallon ice box with built in rule pump.

also looking into aerospace brakes but not sure if they are “street worthy” as I tend to drive my truck on the daily as much as possible. I love these trucks.
14EA1AA3-F934-4802-953D-C3A3C792817A.png

Reactions: leach
21 - 40 of 75 Posts