Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Dyno yesterday 7-7-21. I needed my tuner to fix my idling issues and he did. We did some pulls and adjusted the tune a bit. Truck is back on the 3/10 pulley combo.

1st pull 817/854
2nd pull 805/811
15* on the hit and 18-19* up top.
23.6PSI peak boost
E80 pump ethanol
20in reps

Happy with these numbers!! Now it’s time to prove this truck at the track! I went 2 weeks ago. Was having some issues and couldn’t get it to 60’ like it should. I was also running 20s up front. I can’t run my 15 bogarts up front because of my drop spindles. Truck weighs 4700LBS.

11.34 @ 120 MPH
Track elevation 5300FT
DA 8700
Temp 70-76

Will be going back out this weekend. Going to remove some weight and this time trailer the truck to the track. Hoping for a 10.99 at least!

C612BF6F-1A2A-486A-B288-D40C35A2954F.jpeg
9B65D732-8CC3-4D86-8F33-F89E1699AED2.png
D3EFDC9B-6952-4855-8280-1C4D3751F44F.png

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Good luck on your 10sec pass! I will probably go for my 10 sec pass this fall/early spring 2022, its too dam hot here now and I just want to enjoy the truck. Your post says you made a pass on 20" reps, is that just for the front tires? The picture looks like you have 15" racestars on the rear. Are you flashing the converter or stalling it up?

Reactions: NMSVT

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good luck on your 10sec pass! I will probably go for my 10 sec pass this fall/early spring 2022, its too dam hot here now and I just want to enjoy the truck. Your post says you made a pass on 20" reps, is that just for the front tires? The picture looks like you have 15" racestars on the rear. Are you flashing the converter or stalling it up?
Thanks man! It’s hot here too but I’m going for it! How much power are you making?

yes I was on 20in reps up front only. I’ll be putting on the stock 18s for the track. I have 15in bogart d10s in the rear. I’m running a Mickey Thompson Pro Radial ET Street 315/60R15. I need to stall it up higher. I just don’t know what tire pressure to run on this tire.

·
Registered
287 Posts
How much weight can be shaved off our trucks. I know tailgate, hitch and maybe bumper

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Thanks man! It’s hot here too but I’m going for it! How much power are you making?

yes I was on 20in reps up front only. I’ll be putting on the stock 18s for the track. I have 15in bogart d10s in the rear. I’m running a Mickey Thompson Pro Radial ET Street 315/60R15. I need to stall it up higher. I just don’t know what tire pressure to run on this tire.
No idea on power as its never been on the dyno, however going by the weight with me in it (4800lbs) my 60', 1/8et and 1/4 et the calculators are saying I was around 630-640rwhp when I ran a 11.0 on my last engine. Only a hitch and spare tire delete, 16" front wheels and 15" race stars on the rear. Motor was down compression in 1 hole from a bent valve and it was a 8.8:1 engine to begin with. No idea on the pro radials but my mickeys spun about 10ft and then dead hooked at 18-20psi. Factory 65,xxx mile shocks. No front or rear sway bars. Without spewing everything, new engine is almost as fast on 93oct as the old engine that ran 11.0 on e85. Same pulley ratio.

How much weight can be shaved off our trucks. I know tailgate, hitch and maybe bumper
Depends on what you are willing to lose etc, you can do some extreme actions and lose all the comforts, crash protection and capability, or you can keep it simple. Fiberglass leaf springs if you can find them are good for about 60lbs weight savings if I remember correctly. Move the battery from the engine bay to the bed and you are regaining weight over/behind the rear axle while completely losing it up front. Aerospace brake rotors are good for like 50lbs rotating weight in the front and 30-40lbs in the rear? But thats $1000 per end. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

LOTS of weight, depends how far you want to take it. Mine is currently at 3720 in street trim, got some rear Aerospace brakes sitting in the garage so that should put me in the 3600's this fall.
I wish I could get mine down to 4000lbs without me in it..I couldn't imagine weighing <3800lbs.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bring your truck to me, along with a couple bundles of $100's i'll put it on a diet and get it to run some 9's all day long. :D
In a money bag or wrapped in rubber bands? 😂
I might take you up on the offer Marty! Couldn’t imagine my truck running a 9!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOTS of weight, depends how far you want to take it. Mine is currently at 3720 in street trim, got some rear Aerospace brakes sitting in the garage so that should put me in the 3600's this fall.

View attachment 545140
3720 in street trim!? Damn that’s badass! Like always, love your truck!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No idea on power as its never been on the dyno, however going by the weight with me in it (4800lbs) my 60', 1/8et and 1/4 et the calculators are saying I was around 630-640rwhp when I ran a 11.0 on my last engine. Only a hitch and spare tire delete, 16" front wheels and 15" race stars on the rear. Motor was down compression in 1 hole from a bent valve and it was a 8.8:1 engine to begin with. No idea on the pro radials but my mickeys spun about 10ft and then dead hooked at 18-20psi. Factory 65,xxx mile shocks. No front or rear sway bars. Without spewing everything, new engine is almost as fast on 93oct as the old engine that ran 11.0 on e85. Same pulley ratio.
What elevation did you run that 11.0 on that bad motor? You are definitely getting your 10 with new engine man!

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,689 Posts
What stall converter are you running? I've got a 2400 in mine, but wondering if it would help to step up to a 2600 on a 2.9.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
What elevation did you run that 11.0 on that bad motor? You are definitely getting your 10 with new engine man!
My local 1/4 track is 410' elevation.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Switch that timing curve around a bit if you want to 60'. I run 20 degrees through the 60' and then looking at about 16 degrees from there on. Also lock that converter in first gear if your trans is built. That will helps some too. I run 1/8 mile only but for reference I ran 6.20's on motor at 4600lbs. Now I'm at sea level so that makes a big difference. But that is high 9's in 1/4. Ran 5.9x on a 100 shot at same weight. Gotta get these pigs out the hole! Also on pump ethanol here.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Stock Block [email protected]
3,276 Posts
Hmmmm.... did you ice it down? Man i would think with that much HP the MPH should be way higher.... just my thaughts...maybe it started pulling timing on the top end.... did you get an data logs?
Good luck on your ten quest either way!!!!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What stall converter are you running? I've got a 2400 in mine, but wondering if it would help to step up to a 2600 on a 2.9.
I’m running a Pro Torque billet converter. 10.5 stalled to I think 2800. Can’t remember

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Switch that timing curve around a bit if you want to 60'. I run 20 degrees through the 60' and then looking at about 16 degrees from there on. Also lock that converter in first gear if your trans is built. That will helps some too. I run 1/8 mile only but for reference I ran 6.20's on motor at 4600lbs. Now I'm at sea level so that makes a big difference. But that is high 9's in 1/4. Ran 5.9x on a 100 shot at same weight. Gotta get these pigs out the hole! Also on pump ethanol here.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
I’ll talk to my tuner. I would really like for Eric Korn to tune my truck but it’s impossible getting ahold of him. Lucky for you you are at sea level. That helps a lot! I’m also looking to spray a 75-100 shot. That should put me north of 900HP+ which I think is to much already unless I was darton sleeved.

What does your local pump ethanol read? Mines always at E77-E80. I have a Fire Innovations ethanol percentage gauge in my truck.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts